Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

This is as good a place as any, I suppose...

Got a question that hopefully some race-goers can help me out with.

I'm looking into arranging a day at the races for six-or-so lads who enjoy the races, and I'm wondering what track either in Scotland or North-England is best for views of the course? (Basically because it'll be a there and back in a day shot).

I've been to Hexham (decent views), Hamilton (not great IMO) and Chester (can't remember) and Newcastle (good as far as I recall). Anyone got differing opinions on those or got any other suggestions, all welcome.

Cheers

This is as good a place as any, I suppose...

Got a question that hopefully some race-goers can help me out with.

I'm looking into arranging a day at the races for six-or-so lads who enjoy the races, and I'm wondering what track either in Scotland or North-England is best for views of the course? (Basically because it'll be a there and back in a day shot).

I've been to Hexham (decent views), Hamilton (not great IMO) and Chester (can't remember) and Newcastle (good as far as I recall). Anyone got differing opinions on those or got any other suggestions, all welcome.

Cheers

York is decent,easy few hours on the train decent pubs for before and after

Nope just as bad. Watching Douvan makes up a wee bit, interesting to think Ricci thinks King George

We were actually discussing this in a pub in Cheltenham after the race there,i reckoned ricci would put him down the gold cup route,16/1 available

Edited by doulikefish

We were actually discussing this in a pub in Cheltenham after the race there,i reckoned ricci would put him down the gold cup route,16/1 available

I think I'll be having a bit of that, next years gold cup could be an absolute belter. William hills only 8/1

ETA

Skybet doing a special 25/1 to win the King George and the Gold Cup

Edited by YHallSaint

Got an e/w tip yesterday for today's 1.30 at uttoxeter. £5 e/w at on Vinniewhitefoot at 100/1, it's been backed into 8's!

There was a reason it was 100/1. Came out running like it was having a fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Never bet it, but Cunco, the first Frankel foal, was absolutely eye catching in winning his first start. What a horse Frankel is. :wub:

I don't know if my eyes were just seeing what they wanted to see but that turn of foot in the final furlong looked a chip off the old block eh? 

• 3 weeks later...

Postponed looked quite shaky for a large part of that race but won at a canter in the end, good win for Atzeni.

I got Arnold Lane yesterday @ 5s. Part of a Channon double. His yard is hot at the moment. Had a quick scan at lunchtime today. No runners at Windsor but he had one runner at Brighton, Ettie Hart. Won again, I took her @ 11/2 8)