Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

6 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Gold Cup meeting at Ayr. Anyone got any fancies for the big race or over the meeting?

Look for mud lovers, it's chucking it down and you need a mud lover at Ayr when it's like that.

Gold Cup meeting at Ayr. Anyone got any fancies for the big race or over the meeting?

Look for mud lovers, it's chucking it down and you need a mud lover at Ayr when it's like that.

Any potential for this to get postponed? I was offered a ticket and was thinking about getting a train down the night, couple of nights down that way and back up on Sunday but can’t really justify the spending just now. Has made me more interested in watching it though.

5 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Any potential for this to get postponed? I was offered a ticket and was thinking about getting a train down the night, couple of nights down that way and back up on Sunday but can’t really justify the spending just now. Has made me more interested in watching it though.

Doubt it, going is Soft, Heavy in places at the mo, but the weather forecast looks like it will dry out a bit rather than get worse. Looks like quite a nice autumn day tomorrow.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

No

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

The weather is looking ok for todays racing, no doubt the ladies will be dishing out eyefulls in that wind.

The weather is looking ok for todays racing, no doubt the ladies will be dishing out eyefulls in that wind.

Now regretting my decision not to attend. It wouldn’t have been in the best company to get caught ogling other women though so probably best.
Anyway, I’ll have a look at the card tomorrow but I’d imagine as said it’ll be best to find out who prefers the mud.

13 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Now regretting my decision not to attend. It wouldn’t have been in the best company to get caught ogling other women though so probably best.
Anyway, I’ll have a look at the card tomorrow but I’d imagine as said it’ll be best to find out who prefers the mud.

It would have softened the blow of any losers.

Wahoo in the Silver,and Get Knotted in the Gold.Both have won on this going and,judging by the result of yesterday's Bronze,could be favourably drawn.

I'll also be keeping an eye on how Bernardo o' Reilly performs in the last at Newmarket as last time out ..when backed to joint favouritism at Doncaster..the wee guy decided to give the others a start and took his time leaving the stalls. :angry:

Hopefully Bernie will decide to bolt today. :)

Any other fancies for today's Cambridgeshire?  I'm on one of the Carluke trained horses,What's The Story....4th in Ascot's Hunt cup  and very unlucky in running in his latest race...in the hope that he can at least claim a place..most bookies paying 7 or 8 places..at odds of 40/1.

:)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not to do with skybet offers but I've backed 5.05 Chester - Penworthham @ 80/1  (boost price from Ladbrokes last night)

Course and Distance winner,  Owned  by Dr Marwan Koukash who loves Chester with Hanaghan riding for Fahey (they won the race last year).  Got a fiver ew so fingers crossed

Edited by gameofthrones

On 08/05/2019 at 13:00, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'm seeing 25/1, how did you get 80/1?

it was with 66/1 the night before but with Ladbrokes 'boost' that got me 80/1.  I could have cashed out for £17.50 before the race but didn't.  Horse ran 5th which was ok for being such a big price but ended up winning feck all

Keith Dalgleish with first three winners at Hamilton. I fancied Glasvegas in the first but odds were 2/1 when I looked. 

Won next two...

CF18F886-8EBF-48BE-AF41-B00DC1765A47.thumb.jpeg.6f8e146d943ee2189235a5f3c2c66813.jpeg

Not sure about my choice in the 7.30 for my Treble, Mark Johnston other horse is favourite but you never know...

3C7D6103-ED64-44BF-8A63-40289E1456F4.thumb.jpeg.3ef6c2d8e8ee9847372913288f698d1e.jpeg

Fire Fighting beat on the line by The Glasgow Warrior :green

ETA: Highly Focussed won under Joe Fanning’s ride too. So close...:lol:

Edited by jagfox99