Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

I thought I'd heard this morning that this is exactly what the police think has happened. Evidence of an attempt to clean up the blood.

Who the blood belongs to and how long it's been on the wall are surely now the questions to be asked, rather than crass accusations.

I wasnt making any crass accusations.

Well you would have thought if they went back to their apartment they would have noticed blood splatter, its unlikely someone would go into the room, splatter blood across the walls and clean it up.

Er Not been following this, but if something happened to the girl in the room. Either from an eternal source or as has been stated the parents then to cover the tracks I would of thought that the most likely thing would be that any splatter would of been cleaned up and not left on the walls. Maybe I been watching to much CSI!! But like I say I have not been keeping up with all the ins and outs, still something fishy is going on is my gut feeling

I wasnt making any crass accusations.

I know.

I was referring to those who have made a disgrace of themselves on this thread who will see this development as "proof" of guilt on the parents part. Until the proper tests have been performed there can be no conclusion drawn from this discovery.

Guest Captain Saintsible
I thought I'd heard this morning that this is exactly what the police think has happened. Evidence of an attempt to clean up the blood.

Who the blood belongs to and how long it's been on the wall are surely now the questions to be asked, rather than crass accusations.

These are holiday apartments. They will have been used by loads and loads of people and will have witnessed many drunken escapades and high jinks. You would think that your average holiday apartment walls will have lots and lots of unseen splatters of god knows what all over them..................

One point I would make on the McCanns is that I'm not long back from a 2 week holiday in Majorca with my wife, 8 year old son and 3 year old daughter (who is also called Madeleine). My daughter is a year younger than the McCann's girl. She was out with us every single night until past midnight - and was far from falling asleep! I cannot imagine for one minute that my daughter would have allowed us to put her to bed while we went out at night! It would have taken ages to get her to go to sleep for a start. On top of that, she could wake up at any time. What happens if she wakes up and there is no one there when she shouts on you?

And lastly, why on earth would you want to leave your kids in an apartment on holiday while you went out at night? The whole point of a family holiday is to enjoy your time together! Surely you would want to enjoy your evenings with your kids? At the apartments we stayed at, there were loads and loads of kids all playing together in the evening after dinner while the adults sat having a drink together and keeping an eye on the kids. Packing them off to bed early in the evening would have been just plain selfish (as well as unsafe!)

Er Not been following this, but if something happened to the girl in the room. Either from an eternal source or as has been stated the parents then to cover the tracks I would of thought that the most likely thing would be that any splatter would of been cleaned up and not left on the walls. Maybe I been watching to much CSI!! But like I say I have not been keeping up with all the ins and outs, still something fishy is going on is my gut feeling

I was about to post something similar but I've probably watched too much of it as well.

:lol:

These are holiday apartments. They will have been used by loads and loads of people and will have witnessed many drunken escapades and high jinks. You would think that your average holiday apartment walls will have lots and lots of unseen splatters of god knows what all over them..................

One point I would make on the McCanns is that I'm not long back from a 2 week holiday in Majorca with my wife, 8 year old son and 3 year old daughter (who is also called Madeleine). My daughter is a year younger than the McCann's girl. She was out with us every single night until past midnight - and was far from falling asleep! I cannot imagine for one minute that my daughter would have allowed us to put her to bed while we went out at night! It would have taken ages to get her to go to sleep for a start. On top of that, she could wake up at any time. What happens if she wakes up and there is no one there when she shouts on you?

And lastly, why on earth would you want to leave your kids in an apartment on holiday while you went out at night? The whole point of a family holiday is to enjoy your time together! Surely you would want to enjoy your evenings with your kids? At the apartments we stayed at, there were loads and loads of kids all playing together in the evening after dinner while the adults sat having a drink together and keeping an eye on the kids. Packing them off to bed early in the evening would have been just plain selfish (as well as unsafe!)

That's my view on every single point you make.

I have been left in apartments in Majorca and Malta with my brother and cousins while the adults dined and drank across the road before. I shudder to think I'd ever consider doing that myself. I'd leave my daughter with Grandparents back home if I thought there was any chance I'd do that.

Who exactly is in charge of the Portugese Police, Inspector Clouseau? :huh:

I hope you're not blaming them for the parents gross negligence.

If she was kidnapped, logic would say that she would be taken to Morocco and then further away.

Only an imbecile would stay in the EU with a kidnapped child.

Edited by vikingTON

I was round at my parents house over the weekend and this was getting talked about.

I've got a 9 year old sister and she's been going abroad on holiday with my parents since she was 9 months old... over the years she'd either be asleep in the buggy whilst out and about with them or playing with all the other kids in the hotel.

The thought of leaving her alone or with any hotel babysitting service didn't ever cross their mind, it's supposed to be a family holiday.

Who exactly is in charge of the Portugese Police, Inspector Clouseau? :huh:

They are involved in a tense battle with the Bob Woolmer lot for "Worst Investigation of the Year".

A few days after the disappearance a BBC crew followed the local cops conducting searches of the local landscape. They walked past a small outhouse type building, and the reporter asked why they didn't search that. "Oh that's locked. We aren't allowed to search anything which is locked".

Good thinking chaps.

Edited by Hieronymous_Bosch

But it could still be blood from anyone who has stayed there previously or even since. Why anyone would be staying in there since, I've no idea, but apparently, people have been.

The investigation now is an investigation into the initial investigation! Personally, I find it shocking that the sniffer dogs and ultra-violet light weren't used first time around, and if there was to be a second investigation of the apartment, why would they let other folk stay there in the meantime?

I never thought I'd use the word 'investigation' so many times in one post.

They are involved in a tense battle with the Bob Woolmer lot for "Worst Investigation of the Year".

A few days after the disappearance a BBC crew followed the local cops conducting searches of the local landscape. They walked past a small outhouse type building, and the reporter asked why they didn't search that. "Oh that's locked. We aren't allowed to search anything which is locked".

Good thinking chaps.

Its under Portugese law that they have no right of access to locked property.

Still, why don't they just break their laws because a family were guilty of child negligence. <_<

Its under Portugese law that they have no right of access to locked property.

Yes, that's British law too you know :rolleyes: Which can be got round if you obtain the owner's consent, which surely they would only be too happy to do to expedite a missing child search.

Yes, that's British law too you know :rolleyes: Which can be got round if you obtain the owner's consent, which surely they would only be too happy to do to expedite a missing child search.

Aye, but the owner wasn't standing outside the property was he? :rolleyes:

Aye, but the owner wasn't standing outside the property was he? :rolleyes:

No, but they were aware which area they were searching and therefore could have gained this assent before setting off on their search.

I believe the chances of finding a missing child decreases exponentially every 24 hours from the initial kidnap. In which case, this was the critical time period of any search. Funnily enough, a locked shed might just have been the kind of place worth having a nosy into.

No, but they were aware which area they were searching and therefore could have gained this assent before setting off on their search.

I believe the chances of finding a missing child decreases exponentially every 24 hours from the initial kidnap. In which case, this was the critical time period of any search. Funnily enough, a locked shed might just have been the kind of place worth having a nosy into.

Morocco would be a far better bet. <_<

Guest Captain Saintsible
I was round at my parents house over the weekend and this was getting talked about.

I've got a 9 year old sister

:blink:

How did that happen then?