Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Just because someone doesn't have kids doesn't mean one cannot debate their actions, it's like saying because no-one here has a run a country means they cannot discuss what a w**k whoever in power is.

Sort of...

Edited by Akritoi

Just because someone doesn't have kids doesn't mean one cannot debate their actions, it's like saying because no-one here has a run a country means they cannot discuss what a w**k whoever in power is.

Or that nobody on here is allowed to criticise team selection because they have never been a football manager.

Guest Captain Saintsible
Just because someone doesn't have kids doesn't mean one cannot debate their actions,

it's like saying because no-one here has a run a country means they cannot discuss what a w**k whoever in power is.

Sort of...

Can you understand what they are going through as parents though?

That is the point I was making.

Guest Ron Burgundy
That's a fucking laugh!! Ron, you are without doubt the most offensively vitriolic poster on these boards. The way you carry on about religion and Scottish nationalism to name but two of the issues that you've condescended to give us the benefit of your most definitive of opinions is depressing, and for you to come on here to accuse someone else of sanctimony is nothing short of embarrassing.

it's an emotional rollercoaster Estragon.

something fishy about this imho

Why does everyone need to dance around the flaming obvious?

The parents are suspects for this crime, no matter how unpalatable that may be.

The police are correct to turn the attention towards them - they are one of the only leads yet to be followed up.

To think that sentimentality should intervene in a criminal investigation is both childish and dangerous.

Can you understand what they are going through as parents though?

That is the point I was making.

As someone else said, it's stupid to think that only parents have this mystical ability to either empathise, or to offer an opinion.

A question I'd like to ask of any of the parents holding the above view is, have any of you ever had someone you know kidnap or disappear? If not, then I suggest that you follow your own guidelines and stop commenting, as you're clearly not qualified to do so.

Why does everyone need to dance around the flaming obvious?

The parents are suspects for this crime, no matter how unpalatable that may be.

The police are correct to turn the attention towards them - they are one of the only leads yet to be followed up.

To think that sentimentality should intervene in a criminal investigation is both childish and dangerous.

Agreed.

There also seems to be this notion of the Portugese police being incapable of running this investigation, they will be well used to investigating these types of crimes and will hopefully apprehend the people responsible. Be that whoever.

Will the media not please drop this story? It's been 100 days! She's dead, they should go home and stop giving us pointless updates.

They need something now that the mass breakout of Foot and mouth hasnt happened, they were salivating over that.

Will the media not please drop this story? It's been 100 days! She's dead, they should go home and stop giving us pointless updates.

Its because its August and all of Engerlund is on hoiday.

So there is no news.

So they feed us old news instead. <_<

I blame the parents.

And I have no children.

Send me to Guantanamo Bay for it. :angry::ph34r:

I also blame the parents

I have a child

Better send me too.....

Cheers. Don't let the door hit your outraged arses on the way out.

Now, one more time for simplicity's sake.

They shouldn't have left their children. Neither should they be held responsible for the death of said child unless it is proved they killed the child. If they didn't, someone else did. And whilst they may be guilty of neglect, the notion that they should be pilloried for the death of the child is beyond parody.

"She's a witch! She turned me into a newt! Errrrmmm...I got better". <_<

And whilst they may be guilty of neglect,

Gerry McCann made the point they were sitting a mere 50 yards away from Maddie when she was abducted, not much further than the distance between their house and the bottom of the garden.

Now, would they have been so heavily criticised if the girl had been snatched whilst her parents were sipping a beer on the back lawn?

You can't possibly watch children 24 hours per day.