Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

What, they won't be digging her up?

Took one for the team and watched this. Utter click bait rubbish. Didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

The parents denied killing her.
An American criminologist (plugging a book) said it had to be them and claimed the friends were in on it too.
UK police believe she was kidnapped and could be in North Africa or Middle East.
Former Portuguese detective (plugging a book) believes MI6 covered the whole thing up.
Someone else said that they'd likely never solve it until a body say found.

The only thing missing was a clairvoyant claiming to talk to Maddie, suggestion of alien abduction or blaming Airdrie Utd.

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

The only thing missing was a clairvoyant claiming to talk to Maddie, suggestion of alien abduction or blaming Airdrie Utd.

All more likely than finding out Gerry wasn't involved IMO.

On 26/04/2017 at 11:55, Bambino7 said:

I don't think they want to be celebs but if publicity keeps the hunt going for their daughter then fair enough.  Being a father of a little girl I can't think of anything worse than her going missing, especially if I could have prevented it.  Fair play to the parents because I would have probably topped myself by now. 

Going by what you have just said, you don't sound like the person who would leave their kid in a hotel room so you could go out for dinner.

As a parent, if I was that desperate for a few drinks and something to eat while on holiday, I would take my boy with me. Or you take turns staying in since they were in a group.

They will never get any sympathy from me for that.

Though I reckon they dumped her in the sea themselves.

Going by what you have just said, you don't sound like the person who would leave their kid in a hotel room so you could go out for dinner.
As a parent, if I was that desperate for a few drinks and something to eat while on holiday, I would take my boy with me. Or you take turns staying in since they were in a group.

Are you from Montrose?

11 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

No idea what happened to the kid, but Portugal's a place where it's perfectly socially acceptable to take babies and toddlers out late at night, letting them sleep in their buggies or crawl around if it's not too hectic. They were educated and well travelled parents, they would have known that. Or they could easily have afforded to hire a babysitter.

32 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

If I was anywhere, anywhere at all there's zero danger I would ever take a risk, even so minimal.  If we are out I only don't have panic if she's with my mum or one or the other half parents.  The guilt and pain they must go through knowing it could have been avoided as well as thinking of my wee girl scared out her mind shouting for Daddy and saying "no" to some stranger gives me shivers tho.  My daughter is 2 in July and if she was taken she would push nd scream and say no if it wasn't her dad or mum. Surely it would be similar elsewhere? Being snatched has to be a parents worse nightmare, either way they will be racked with guilt but I reckon had one of them killed her they would have cracked and separated by now regardless of the situation. I would dob her In right away never mind help and stay with her, no fuckin danger. 

Edited by Bambino7

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No idea what happened to the kid, but Portugal's a place where it's perfectly socially acceptable to take babies and toddlers out late at night, letting them sleep in their buggies or crawl around if it's not too hectic. They were educated and well travelled parents, they would have known that. Or they could easily have afforded to hire a babysitter.

There's no way I would leave my children with a babysitter I didn't know in a country I'm not 100% familiar with.  Well educated doesn't always mean good socially tho.  You find academics sometimes know little of real life situations and take for granted everything will be looked after, I find in my field of work anyway.  Perhaps they are guilty of not fully being aware of their bearings and the logistics of leaving them alone.  I refuse to believe that they killed her in front of their children while their pals knew where they are at and nobody knew anything or stayed loyal to a murderer of a little kid. Abducted and murderered when the realisation of how high profile the abduction had become is my guess. 

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they had used the babysitting service in the hotel a couple of times while they were there.

I struggle to accept that they killed her and then hid her but part of me believes they did give her an accidental overdose of sleeping tablets.

Saw enough stories on kidnapping to believe that normally it would have been one of the babies that would have been snatched instead of a toddler. So this gives weight to the fact they were involved.

I've always thought it more likely that she woke up and wandered off herself, and either ended up in the sea or was taken from elsewhere. It seems a bit too far-fetched to think someone was staking out the family until they knew the kid was unattended to sneak in and take her, especially in a holiday village setting where a lone prowler type should stick out like a sore thumb.

My second most likely scenario would be her being killed accidentally and covered up by the parents. Less likely still would be the accepted stranger abduction story.

50 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I struggle to accept that they killed her and then hid her but part of me believes they did give her an accidental overdose of sleeping tablets.

So they killed and hid her then?

Edited by Mr. Brightside

One theory from a bbc journo (who was subsequently sacked) was that she had woken up and been upset at no sign of her parents n wandered out the front door and fallen down steps there and suffered a fatal head injury. Allegedly the cadaver dogs brought in by uk police had backed this up but the dna evidence wasnt conclusive. As for babysitting....the mccans dumped the twins with the baby sitting service the next day after they claimed madeline had been abducted. No forensic evidence was ever found to support the abduction claim and the flat had been thoroughly cleaned with significant amounts of bleach used. The resources spent by the police looking everywhere but the parental neglect is frankly incredible though there was some tin foil hat stuff claimed that gerry mccann had been on some quango linked to the nuclear industry called comare....sounds bit contrived to me personally but overall neglect is the over riding factor rather than some mystery abductor.

22 minutes ago, dogmc said:

One theory from a bbc journo (who was subsequently sacked) was that she had woken up and been upset at no sign of her parents n wandered out the front door and fallen down steps there and suffered a fatal head injury. Allegedly the cadaver dogs brought in by uk police had backed this up but the dna evidence wasnt conclusive. As for babysitting....the mccans dumped the twins with the baby sitting service the next day after they claimed madeline had been abducted. No forensic evidence was ever found to support the abduction claim and the flat had been thoroughly cleaned with significant amounts of bleach used. The resources spent by the police looking everywhere but the parental neglect is frankly incredible though there was some tin foil hat stuff claimed that gerry mccann had been on some quango linked to the nuclear industry called comare....sounds bit contrived to me personally but overall neglect is the over riding factor rather than some mystery abductor.

I'm not getting that first theory. If that was the case then paramedics would have been called. Why would she be missing in that scenario?

I'm not getting that first theory. If that was the case then paramedics would have been called. Why would she be missing in that scenario?

If the parents were worried about being charged with neglect / manslaughter and she was already dead why would they call paramedics? As for missing thats where the allegations come in that the parents / friends were involved in a cover up.

1 minute ago, dogmc said:

If the parents were worried about being charged with neglect / manslaughter and she was already dead why would they call paramedics? As for missing thats where the allegations come in that the parents / friends were involved in a cover up.

Na, I'm not buying that. That is the most ridiculous theory I've heard yet. The BBC journo that was sacked was obviously dismissed on the grounds of being a loonball.

Na, I'm not buying that. That is the most ridiculous theory I've heard yet. The BBC journo that was sacked was obviously dismissed on the grounds of being a loonball.

It was supposedly based on dots of cerebral spinal fluid being found on steps outside the flat. Its less fanciful than a mystery abductor breaking in without leaving fibres footprints fingerprints or dna. The staff at the resort were pretty dismissive of the notion that the kids were being checked every 15 min n had suggested that the kids were left alone pretty much every night of the hol. Theres a lot of tin foil hat stuff around this whole thing but the parents getting pished n then panicking after an accident is the least crazy theory. At no point did any of the parents in that group do any physical searching in the hours after the kid was reported missing. Very little about their behaviour adds up.

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

It was supposedly based on dots of cerebral spinal fluid being found on steps outside the flat. Its less fanciful than a mystery abductor breaking in without leaving fibres footprints fingerprints or dna. The staff at the resort were pretty dismissive of the notion that the kids were being checked every 15 min n had suggested that the kids were left alone pretty much every night of the hol. Theres a lot of tin foil hat stuff around this whole thing but the parents getting pished n then panicking after an accident is the least crazy theory. At no point did any of the parents in that group do any physical searching in the hours after the kid was reported missing. Very little about their behaviour adds up.

If her head was split to that degree there would have been blood every where around where she landed and probably on whoever moved her.

Calpol OD still the best bet.

If her head was split to that degree there would have been blood every where around where she landed and probably on whoever moved her.
Calpol OD still the best bet.

It's possible to have a fractured skull n no external bleeding. Is why concussion is such a big issue in rugby now. Fwiw I'd agree on the od.