Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Its pretty obvious that the McCanns are being victimised because they are Catholics of Irish extraction. Its yet another example of how poorly the Irish are treated by the British establishment and Scottish referees.

Don't mock, Cap - I've already heard that put forward as a serious point by one of my less enlightened acquaintances.

Guest Captain Saintsible
Don't mock, Cap - I've already heard that put forward as a serious point by one of my less enlightened acquaintances.

Who is mocking?

I wouldn't be suprised if the Airdrie support were already singing anti McCann songs in between giving nazi salutes, waving union jacks and dressing up in Ku Klux Klan outfits. :lol::P

Who is mocking?

I wouldn't be suprised if the Airdrie support were already singing anti McCann songs in between giving nazi salutes, waving union jacks and dressing up in Ku Klux Klan outfits. :lol::P

Hmmmm, there's a time and a place, Cap. I doubt this thread's really it, to be honest, but on you go.

Div, I find it hard that you condone leaving kids (as you have said, you do it yourself) and you imply that thousands leave their children alone. I have spoken to many parents re this case and NOT ONE has said they have left their kids ever, and are appalled by the McCanns and apparently the other families they were with, all doing this consistently on holiday.

I don't know if the McCann's did kill her or sedate her or if she was abducted, but they were selfish, leaving the kids with the creche, then putting them to bed whilst they enjoyed themselves. They had their "them time" during the day, did they not? So many couples today want the Mum, Dad and 2.4 kids without the harsh reality of it all.

The media circus they created and now want rid of is turning farcical.

This actually reminded me of Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr who turned up and got interviewed by the press at the local meeting to find Holly and Jessica. Courting the media!

I just find Gerry McCann in particular very strange indeed. His sister is something else!

I think this investigation will go on for months and months and as Rowan said, it's all getting pretty tiresome already.

If they did do it then I couldn't really think of what their motive may have been.

However, I read this morning that the theory that the Portugese police are working with is that Madeleine was accidentally killed with an overdose of a sedative and that her parents have tried to cover it up.

The night before she died, according to someone staying in the next room, Madeleine had woken during dinner and her parents had to return to their room. The theory goes that the next night, the McCanns, possibly with the assistance of someone else in the group of mainly doctors that they were holidaying with, gave Madeleine a sedative, which resulted in her death.

Go to the police and they would both probably end up in a Portugese prison, lose their other two kids and careers in medicine, be universally despised, etc, etc. The alternative was to get rid of the body and say that she was abducted.

If they did do it then I couldn't really think of what their motive may have been.

However, I read this morning that the theory that the Portugese police are working with is that Madeleine was accidentally killed with an overdose of a sedative and that her parents have tried to cover it up.

The night before she died, according to someone staying in the next room, Madeleine had woken during dinner and her parents had to return to their room. The theory goes that the next night, the McCanns, possibly with the assistance of someone else in the group of mainly doctors that they were holidaying with, gave Madeleine a sedative, which resulted in her death.

Go to the police and they would both probably end up in a Portugese prison, lose their other two kids and careers in medicine, be universally despised, etc, etc. The alternative was to get rid of the body and say that she was abducted.

I don't understand how any parent just dispose of their childs body like that.

Also if it was all a big accident then they have done a cracking job of disposing the body.

It's a worry that trained doctors can get the dosing of a sedative wrong

It's a worry that trained doctors can get the dosing of a sedative wrong

You've obviously never had to stay in the Monklands General; there, you get suspicious if the doctor gets something right.

Edited by RedV

On radio 5 earlier:

'We need to end all this speculation and stick to the facts! The fact is that I've known Kate and Gerry for four years and they couldn't possibly have had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance.'

It might be better if we have a separate thread for ludicrous comments by Mccann family & friends. :P

On radio 5 earlier:

'We need to end all this speculation and stick to the facts! The fact is that I've known Kate and Gerry for four years and they couldn't possibly have had anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance.'

It might be better if we have a separate thread for ludicrous comments by Mccann family & friends

:lol:

I agree.

I think Philomena deserves her own thread, even apart from that. she would be a natural for that "Faking It" programme as well.

Week One : Philomena as a forensic scientist.

Edited by Hieronymous_Bosch

That's no excuse. I was almost 30 when we had our first kid and almost 35 when the second came along - and I've been married since I was 23 and met my wife when we were both 16.

I wasnt making excuses for them, merely offering a suggestion.

Guest Glasgowjag

:lol: