Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Also if it was all a big accident then they have done a cracking job of disposing the body.

Lets put that aside for a moment.

Can anyone actually see any ressemblance to Gerry in the wee girl? I reckon that Gerry found out that night that he's not her da' and that one of the other blokes in the resturant that night has been podgering Kate for years.

Guest Ron Burgundy
Sky news is reporting that a partial DNA match has been found in the boot of the hire car and a full DNA match found in the inside of the hire car.

there i no dna in red blood cells so it must have been other stuff that matched ... strange.

i think the onus of ascertaining it's personal relevance is entirely for you to judge.

You were the one that came out with the statement. Is someone saying they used red blood cells to get the DNA? or why did you say it anyway? :blink:

Guest Ron Burgundy
You were the one that came out with the statement. Is someone saying they used red blood cells to get the DNA? or why did you say it anyway? :blink:

well if was not blood what other cells could it be assuming it was not hair and easily transferred? Does it not strike you as incredible that any dna was found in the car?

well if was not blood what other cells could it be assuming it was not hair and easily transferred? Does it not strike you as incredible that any dna was found in the car?

Mmmm, blood contains a lot more types of cell than red blood cells :blink: was probably white blood cells they get the DNA from. (what is strange is that they said they got 1/2 a match in the boot and a full match in the back of the car :blink: )

The logistics of what is being suggested here are just baffling - the idea that they could have kept a body (albeit a small one) hidden for 5 weeks in the midst of a police search, and then get it out and disposed of at a time where the eyes of the world's media would be on them, seems incredibly unlikely.

It's nothing to do with motive, or the idea that they "couldn't have done it" - it's just really hard to see how they'd manage it!

Guest Ron Burgundy
Mmmm, blood contains a lot more types of cell than red blood cells :blink: was probably white blood cells they get the DNA from. (what is strange is that they said they got 1/2 a match in the boot and a full match in the back of the car :blink: )

ahhh so it does strike you as incredible...I seem to remember you have experience in this area...any thoughts?

So are you now saying it was blood...interesting :P

Edited by Ron Burgundy

ahhh so it does strike you as incredible...I seem to remember you have experience in this area...any thoughts?

So are you now saying it was blood...interesting :P

I never said it wasn't blood, you were teh one that said it wasnt because red blood cells don't have DNA. It could quite easily have been other blood cells present in blood that gave the DNA sample.

What i find strange is that they got a half match in the boot. That makes it sound like it was one of the twins/parents who provided that sample. If the car was only used to get rid of the body, how did they have a sample in the boot and a full sample in the back of the car. Surely you wouldnt put the body in the boot, and then in the back of the car sometime later (or vice versa).

Other samples it could have been is skin cells. If the body is degraded, there could be tissue samples they got. saliva will contain some cells that will give you a DNA sample.

Something else to think about, where could they hide the body for 25 days, without it stinking up the place something horrid? :blink:

The logistics of what is being suggested here are just baffling - the idea that they could have kept a body (albeit a small one) hidden for 5 weeks in the midst of a police search, and then get it out and disposed of at a time where the eyes of the world's media would be on them, seems incredibly unlikely.

It's nothing to do with motive, or the idea that they "couldn't have done it" - it's just really hard to see how they'd manage it!

It does seem unlikely.

I don't have any kids (that I know of :ph34r: ) but I agree with Cap etc who have said it's a miracle they put their kids to bed that early. My niece is six and when my brother got married earlier this year she stayd up until well after midnight afterwards. I remember a few years ago when I was on holiday in Crete loads of kids in restaurants late at night with their families.

I haven't read much about this as I find these things really upsetting, I'm a bit wet like that, but I don't understand about the fund. What was it supposed to be for in the first place? Surley the Portugese cops were looking for her, is Portugal that poor a country they need subbed up by British people? If they are now saying they are going to use this money to fund their defence then this needs to be seriously looked at - there are rules about charities and what donations can be used for, just ask George Galloway.

I also find the logistics of them murdering their daughter then disposing of the body in the time scale talked of unbelievable. Having said that, could the DNA not have come from antoher source other than a body, a syringe or a blanket used to wrap a body?

Imagine being a copper and having to deal with this sort of thing all the time, couldn't do it myself.

I don't have any kids (that I know of :ph34r: ) but I agree with Cap etc who have said it's a miracle they put their kids to bed that early. My niece is six and when my brother got married earlier this year she stayd up until well after midnight afterwards. I remember a few years ago when I was on holiday in Crete loads of kids in restaurants late at night with their families.

I haven't read much about this as I find these things really upsetting, I'm a bit wet like that, but I don't understand about the fund. What was it supposed to be for in the first place? Surley the Portugese cops were looking for her, is Portugal that poor a country they need subbed up by British people? If they are now saying they are going to use this money to fund their defence then this needs to be seriously looked at - there are rules about charities and what donations can be used for, just ask George Galloway.

I also find the logistics of them murdering their daughter then disposing of the body in the time scale talked of unbelievable. Having said that, could the DNA not have come from antoher source other than a body, a syringe or a blanket used to wrap a body?

Imagine being a copper and having to deal with this sort of thing all the time, couldn't do it myself.

The fund was set up as a company not a charity. I think the charity commission refused to give it charitable status.

The fund was set up as a company not a charity. I think the charity commission refused to give it charitable status.

Basically people were just donating money to the parents, like those 'Eye Need' small ads begging for cash in the back of Private Eye? :blink: What did they say they were going to use the money for?

The fund wasn't set up as a charity mate, it was set up as some kind of company by Gerry McCann - which I believe (although correct me if I'm wrong) means that they can use the money for whatever they want without needs to justify it or refund it.

Madeleine’s fund is a non charitable not-for-profit company, which has been established to help find Madeleine McCann and to support her family and bring her abductors to justice. Any surplus funds will be used to help families and missing children in the United Kingdom, Portugal and elsewhere in similar circumstances. If there are surplus funds Madeleine’s Funds can be converted into a charity.

The Fund is following best practice governance procedures as set out in the Good Governance Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector. The directors of the company are Peter Hubner, Brian Kennedy, John McCann, Esther McVey, Doug Skehan and Philip Tomlinson. They have appropriate legal, business and charitable experience. An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability. This should enable the Directors to maintain an appropriate governance distance in the day-to-day operations of the Fund.

The Board and its individual Directors will ensure that the Fund is subject to required financial legal scrutiny. They will ensure that they receive reliable external advice and information, as the basis for making good decisions.

NOTE

1.1 The full objects of the Fund are:

1.1.1 To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;

1.1.2 To procure that Madeleine’s abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and

1.1.3 To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine’s family.

1.2 If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

How can a company be non-charitable and not-for-profit: do the books balance precisely or something? :huh:

Of course, that takes into account the audit fees to do this company's books as well. <_<

Sure, all of the surplus will go to others - once Maddie has been found or the case resolved: which it won't be.

Hence the Doctor has created the equivalent of a pyramid scheme to fund his defence case.

These people really play the media well. :angry: