Town Characters

I remember when I was a bit younger there was a jakey who haunted the area known as 'Boaby Hit The Deck'. Boaby used to always have a can of Super Lager in his hand, and any time you shouted 'Boaby, there's the polis', he would automatically crouch down, put his can on the ground and then lie face first on the ground, hence his nickname. f**k knows where he is now.

I remember people in my year at school talking about this guy, but that would have been 5/6 years ago. Did he hang around Linn Park?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a younger guy who cuts around Falkirk with a metal plate in his head. I was once in the pub while a mate of mine was working behind the bar and he came in with a can of juice. He asked us if we could open a can of juice with one hand, then he did it with his can, took a drink and walked back out.

There is also an old jakey guy who cuts around wearing a high-vis vest on all the time. Not sure what he does but he once stopped the DJ in Austin's to announce he was going to be head of security at T In The Park.

There is also an old jakey guy who cuts around wearing a high-vis vest on all the time. Not sure what he does but he once stopped the DJ in Austin's to announce he was going to be head of security at T In The Park.

Isnt that the father of the 'swampy Family' who go to Falkirk games?

Never seen without a hi-vis vest and a farm foods bag.

Nah. It does actually look a bit like him but is a different. Wouldn't be surprised if they're related though!

I usually see this charecter walking about stirling at silly hours when im on my way to work. Mumbling to himself, farfoods bag in hand and searching the ground for coppers.

At school we used to get this old bird who would come up the school after lunch to search for coppers and take them wiht her. A favourite past time back then was going out and pretending to drop £1/£5 and watching her run for it. Then turning round and telling her to get tae f**k!

Glasgow also has "Hamish", ginger hair with a beard, was a regular on the Newton/Neilston/Cathcart Circle trains all the time, rarely seen without a can of Irn Bru in his hand, he seemed to have an encyclopedic knowledge of public transport affairs/timetables.

Another person who is rumoured to have been exceptionally intelligent but some mysterious incident in the past has tipped them over the edge.

Yep, I know the full story about this man. He was a headmaster at a Secondary school in Glasgow when he went on a train journey. The train crashed, and he was the only surviving member of the wreck. The train company gave him, as compensation, free travel for life on the rails so that's exactly what he did. He just sat on the Nerston line everyday and spoke to anyone that was willing to have a conversation. Easily one of the most atriculate people I've ever met although I think he's sadly passed away.

In Rutherglen, there was always a man who was butt-naked in a wheelchair and made a mad dash from the Mitchell Arcade to the library (across the road) without getting caught. Now there was a person who had serious problems.

Also, the blind woman outside Central who sings and dances whilst selling the Big Issue. :huh:

Also, the blind woman outside Central who sings and dances whilst selling the Big Issue. :huh:

YES! :lol: I saw her on Saturday actually, at the Union Street entrance. At first I thought she needed the toilet but it appeared she was having a good old sing song. Covered in make up which just did nothing for her I'm afraid.

Anyone who has been to stirlingmust have seen the dancing Fubar girl. She can be seen with her glow sticks, red bull and eratic dancing. :lol:

Whistle girl? Haven't been sober enough in Fubar in ages to remember her! She's still about then? :lol:

Yep, I know the full story about this man. He was a headmaster at a Secondary school in Glasgow when he went on a train journey. The train crashed, and he was the only surviving member of the wreck. The train company gave him, as compensation, free travel for life on the rails so that's exactly what he did. He just sat on the Nerston line everyday and spoke to anyone that was willing to have a conversation. Easily one of the most atriculate people I've ever met although I think he's sadly passed away.

In Rutherglen, there was always a man who was butt-naked in a wheelchair and made a mad dash from the Mitchell Arcade to the library (across the road) without getting caught. Now there was a person who had serious problems.

I was wondering how I haven't seen that guy on the trains for ages.Now I know.

ohhhh cant forget "the couple" - the guy has a grey comb over, wears huge specs, normally sporting a shirt and tie, trackie bottoms, black slip ons and white socks. Thte wife stinks of pish and always has some head gear on and a walking stick.

f**k me gently!

thats my auld next door neighbors in hallglen :lol:

Ah mind you used to see them staggering off the bus pished out they're faces. whenever i was out at the car i desperately tried to avoid talking to them if one was cuttin about.

shame really - smelly but harmless

In Edinburgh there's One Dread: a homeless guy who has one single matted dreadlock of hair. he also carries about 4 rucksacks with him everywhere.

That sounds like the night beaver! Due to his hair lookin like a beaver tail!

Whistle girl? Haven't been sober enough in Fubar in ages to remember her! She's still about then? :lol:

She was out in full force on Saturday! She live in a flat below me, she practices her dancing sometimes :lol: . I have spoken to her once or twice, she sadly seems to have something wrong with her if you coudln't already guess.

Archived