Internet Fecked

Guest Ruggy Bairn

Guest Ruggy Bairn

More help for me I'm afraid, sorry guys!

Every time I try to send info over the net, like logging into a site, or putting a name and password in, or replying to a forum (not this one for some reason, thank god!) it comes up with a message IExplorer has caused an error and will have to shut down, if you continue experiencing problems try restarting your machine.

What the feck? :blink:

I've tried running hijack this, CW Shredder and am running a full virus scan as we speak. I've obviously rebooted a few times, but it keeps happening.

Anyone any ideas? :(

Guest Ruggy Bairn

Couldn't re-install IE6, as when I tried to download it, the same thing happened :lol:

Tried installing it from my disk, but it was an older version and it wouldn't let me.

Anyway, I did the usual CW Shredder etc. but it was eventually Spybot which sorted it. Some bugger had infiltrated my system! :o

Thanks guys,

Guest Ruggy Bairn
Download Mozilla, Its Just as good as IE6 without the crap.

Mozilla

Bit the bullet and did that Olaf, will take some time to get used to it, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Apparently it's a better browser anyway. b*****d having to sort my favourites out again though. :(

Guest Ruggy Bairn
Bit the bullet and did that Olaf, will take some time to get used to it, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Apparently it's a better browser anyway. b*****d having to sort my favourites out again though. :(

Just noticed, my favourites are imported. :D

Guest Ruggy Bairn
If you enjoy sites sites with tasteful pictures, you will notice the lack of pop-ups :ph34r:

Excellent!

Quick question for you Olaf, I can't seem to find an option to change my default mail package to Outlook Express. Even when I uncheck the "Use Mozzilla as default mail package" it still uses that.

Do you know how to do that, or is the Mozilla mail better anyway?

Cheers :)

Excellent!

Quick question for you Olaf, I can't seem to find an option to change my default mail package to Outlook Express. Even when I uncheck the "Use Mozzilla as default mail package" it still uses that.

Do you know how to do that, or is the Mozilla mail better anyway?

Cheers :)

Haven't a clue, I don't have Mozilla mail on my browser.

Ruggy - tell me you have a personal firewall running on that computer of yours ?

There shouldn't be anyone in this day and age that doesn't know this - but connecting to the web (even on dial-up) without a personal firewall is akin to going out for the evening and leaving your front door lying wide open.

Personal firewall from zonealarm - www.zonealarm.com - totally free for the basic edition which is more than adequate.

Guest Ruggy Bairn
Ruggy - tell me you have a personal firewall running on that computer of yours ?

There shouldn't be anyone in this day and age that doesn't know this - but connecting to the web (even on dial-up) without a personal firewall is akin to going out for the evening and leaving your front door lying wide open.

Personal firewall from zonealarm - www.zonealarm.com - totally free for the basic edition which is more than adequate.

I have now pieman, thanks for that!

I had a virus checker which expired a few days ago, and I installed a free one, which didn't have a firewall with it - which I only realised when I checked after you typed that!

Sorted now, bank account et al checked and all ok, thankfully.

Thanks again.

Archived