Coupon Bursters

Michael W

I've just googled maximum payouts and it's nomally £250,000 at Laddies, but the 'Ladbrokes Millionaire' bet is £1,000,000

Are there any suckers out there that actually do Ladbroke MILLIONAIRE COUPON? There must be since they keep printing it. I had a letter in "Racing and Football Outlook"a few years ago where I pointed out the rip off in this racketeering scam. For those unaware of it the Millionaire requires you to select"JUST" 20 match selections for a 40p part of the £2 stake. Invariably the limit is reached by match 15, but of course your £1m plus runs on to the last five games. It has never been won, since Ladbroke made great advertising from a Welsh punter winning a RECORD £750,000 years ago. No they simply forfeit that 40p part of your coupon. In my letter I quoted one 20 team accumulator at over £350,000,000.

I managed to get one for last week and will give you the return later in the week.

Personally I believe there should be an Office of Fair Trading for punters. Would love to hear of any other RIP-OFFS that you all have spotted.

Checked Ladbrokes "MILLIONAIRE" coupon for last Saturday. The accumulated odds for last Saturday for the 20 results came to 136,958,301 to 1. Match No 14 Watford v Swansea was void so I used the shortest odds 6-4 Swansea in the calculation. Since the stake is 40p the actual return to that stake would be £54,783,320 so much for their millionaire coupon. If The Watford game had finished a draw then the return again for 40p would come to £72,326,584.

This is far from being way over normal odds as the least I ever worked out came to over £36m.

At the foot of their rip off Ladbroke say "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE NOW A MILLIONAIRE" Well at least they have a perverse sense of humour for a publication running about EIGHT YEARS that has NEVER been won.

Icame across an earlier season one I had worked out. The sum by match 15 £1,075,840 but of course you don't stop when you reach £1m Oh no just you get another five. The final 20 team accum ammounted to £289,777,818. They have been at £356m and I'm sure at some time it would have reached HALF A BILLION.

Icame across an earlier season one I had worked out. The sum by match 15 £1,075,840 but of course you don't stop when you reach £1m Oh no just you get another five. The final 20 team accum ammounted to £289,777,818.

I agree it's a rip off, but in the example above, I'd console myself even if I got match number 16 wrong with the ~£546,000 I would get from the winning the 50p 5-fold, 90p 10-fold, and 20p 15-fold.

fecking bolton cost me £260 quid this week <_<

Sickener considering the Davies goal should have stood.

Swindon f*cked my fourfold after losing a 94th min goal to Charlton,got the consolation of one treble £18.46 but compared to £130 it's peanuts :angry:

Edited by stevenston saint

Sickener considering the Davies goal should have stood.

Swindon f*cked my fourfold after losing a 94th min goal to Charlton,got the consolation of one treble £18.46 but compared to £130 it's peanuts :angry:

Swindon should have won. When you text yesterday after the match I was still fuming!

• 2 weeks later...

Feyenoord conceded a last minute equaliser to feck my fourfold before the other 3 even started so I then put the other 3 on, villa, Ajax and PSV only for PSV to concede a last minute equaliser as well :angry:

Feyenoord conceded a last minute equaliser to feck my fourfold before the other 3 even started so I then put the other 3 on, villa, Ajax and PSV only for PSV to concede a last minute equaliser as well :angry:

After a mini purple patch of wins in December and January, I'd gone back to some crappy results letting me down. Swindon mentioned above was one - the week after they fecked a 20/1 treble of aways despite being 2-0 up with five minutes to go (drew 2-2 at Southend) and Notts County at home to Grimsby in midweek being the latest.

So I thought I would have a go at a few 'certainties' today. Picked nine and seven won, with these two hopeless showers of feckers (2/9 and 1/9 respectively) letting me down. The nine would have given a decent return of almost 7/1, but I did get a line of four Italian teams up, so will go back to my rule of never backing any team at less than 1/2.