Smoking Ban Working

Thundermonkey

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Burgundy

as soon as they start making drinkers water down booze to protect their health I will fully support this ban...or perhaps making them drink in huge protected zones they will be kept in to stop the injuries/assaults etc caused by drunken behaviour. Thyee could be let out of the zone when they can provide a breath test proving they are sober.....or perhaps breath tests machines at bars to ensure they are not too drunk....prove you sober before you buy a drink....utter genius methinks.

I would fully expect liver disease, assaults and drunken injuries to fall dramatically.

Apparently cases of anti semetic behaviour dramatically ceased in germany around 1942...no idea why though.

Age for buying cigarettes is increasing to 18 within the next couple of weeks. Same for knives.

Don't really know if this will make much of a differance. The fact they've raised the age may acyually make some youngsters more determined to smoke. For me it just means more annoying wee b*****ds begging me to go into the shop for them.

Don't really know if this will make much of a differance. The fact they've raised the age may acyually make some youngsters more determined to smoke. For me it just means more annoying wee b*****ds begging me to go into the shop for them.

It'll make it much easier to ID people.

Underagers buying alcohol you can spot a mile off, it's not so easy with cigarettes.

It'll make it much easier to ID people.

Underagers buying alcohol you can spot a mile off, it's not so easy with cigarettes.

Thats true. On the other hand I got sold drink when I was 16. I think they really need to enforce the policy of ID'ing people further. Too many shopkeepers just don't care aslong as money is falling into their tills.

Sorry, what I meant was being banned to under 18's.

And I can make my own mind up about what I can and cannot do without the goverment sticking it's nose into my business.

I don't smoke btw, just get annoyed at the goverment trying to control people's lives. Nanny state and all that.

Sorry, what I meant was being banned to under 18's.

And I can make my own mind up about what I can and cannot do without the goverment sticking it's nose into my business.

I don't smoke btw, just get annoyed at the goverment trying to control people's lives. Nanny state and all that.

Surely then you object to the knife stuff as well then?

Sorry, thats what I actually meant, selling knives to under 18's should be a huge no no.

There was a 15 year old knived to death here at the weekend at a party. Gang related, so the problem is not just Scottish it seems.

Thats true. On the other hand I got sold drink when I was 16. I think they really need to enforce the policy of ID'ing people further. Too many shopkeepers just don't care aslong as money is falling into their tills.

A supermarket chain like Tesco is much more likely to be subjected to test purchases than a little corner shop though, which is why under age drinkers are much more likely to be successful in one of these places. I'm pretty confident that I've never sold alcohol to someone who was under 18 at the time, although I've more than likely sold to someone who has been purchasing for people who are underage, parents being the worst culprits. It's a difficult decision to make though, whether to refuse the sale on the belief that they might be purchasing it for their children. It tends not to happen.

The penalties for selling to a person or persons under age ranges from an £80 fine to a court appearance and maximum fine of £5000 for the person selling, and the store losing it's license to sell alcohol which happened in England earlier this year I believe.

Age for buying cigarettes is increasing to 18 within the next couple of weeks.

Since 17yr olds aren't mature enough to be trusted to buy cigarettes I suppose they could always keep busy by

1) Getting married.

2) Driving a Car

3) Joining the Army

Its mental.

And so they bloody should, I detest Tesco, and their I can't be arsed student check out folk.

With most Tesco stores operating on a 24 hour basis now, it's difficult to find good quality customer assistants willing to work the 5-10's, 6-11's or 6-12's. The weekends are generally a no-no for these people too so it falls down to the students for whom these hours are the only hours that suit. They're not all bad. ;)

With most Tesco stores operating on a 24 hour basis now, it's difficult to find good quality customer assistants willing to work the 5-10's, 6-11's or 6-12's. The weekends are generally a no-no for these people too so it falls down to the students for whom these hours are the only hours that suit. They're not all bad. ;)

Despite being told I have my world saving bags with me, within 5 minutes they amazingly forget my clubcard points :angry:

And this fecking scan your own, GTF, if I scan my own do I get a discount ?

I'm all for it. I don't smoke. I like going out to the pub. I don't like smelling of an ashtray afterwards.

Smokers are the ultimate selfish b******s.

Archived