Smoking Ban Working

Thundermonkey

I'm all for it. I don't smoke. I like going out to the pub. I don't like smelling of an ashtray afterwards.

Smokers are the ultimate selfish b******s.

What? Worse than sex offenders?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Despite being told I have my world saving bags with me, within 5 minutes they amazingly forget my clubcard points :angry:

And this fecking scan your own, GTF, if I scan my own do I get a discount ?

STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! :lol:

You are sooooooooo angry.

Self scan is there for grumpy people like you, who do nothing but complain about the way cashiers do their job. We offer you the option to do it yourself.

Cost of average Heart Attack admission is £1,775

16,320 heart attack admissions in Scotland last year

£28,968,000 cost to NHS Scotland treating these admissions

17% decrease in admissions saving NHS £4,924,560.

Worth the ban in my book.

So do you support the government having an increased say in other peoples lives just to save the NHS money?

Less Heart attacks = more folk living longer = bigger financial burden on the state pension/ elderly care provision

I may be in the minority here but it would be interesting to find out if it is just me

since the smoking ban has come in to place I have actually started smoking (I am 30). Well I say started I sometimes had a couple here and there when I was out on the piss but since the ban has come in I have certainly started smoking more.

The reasons I feel are 2 fold.

Most of my mates smoke so going on a night out was hellish as they buggered off outside and left you on your todd so in the end you just follow out and have one, this is the logical extension of smoking when on the piss however I then found myself doing it when I was in the pub for reasons other than a session as it is just no fun sitting on your todd for long periods of the night. I realise this is a willpower thing but the ban has certainly put more temptation my way

The second reason (and this may be spurious) is I had actually become accustomed to that second hand nicotine hit and never realised I was getting it before so to replace that I just started smoking

So do you support the government having an increased say in other peoples lives just to save the NHS money?

No. I support the government introducing measures to improve the health of the country. The obvious benefits to the NHS is a welcome by-product.

Less Heart attacks = more folk living longer = bigger financial burden on the state pension/ elderly care provision

I hope you are not one of the numbnuts who is relying on the government to fund your retirement :rolleyes: Just think however of the increased NI contributions as folk live and work that wee bit longer.

A little piecemeal. Smokers were always net-contributors to the NHS, in terms of the massive percentage of the price of cigarettes going in to the national coffers.

A little piecemeal. Smokers were always net-contributors to the NHS, in terms of the massive percentage of the price of cigarettes going in to the national coffers.

Aye but its those selfish f'ckers inhaling second hand smoke that are keeling over. Double whammy of them using NHS resources without firing in some tax first!

No. I support the government introducing measures to improve the health of the country. The obvious benefits to the NHS is a welcome by-product.

Are there any other measures you would support? Increase VAT on unhealthy foods?

I agree with the smoking ban because of passive smoke.

I also support healthy school meals because you can't blame kids for not eating healthy if their parents are giving them crap food.

But other than that I really wish people would just take some personal responsibility for their own health. And if they are too stupid to do that then who cares?

Of course it's a good idea! The health of the nation is better, and people can go and have a drink in the pub without fear of being murdered by some selfish bastard's second hand smoke.

Correct sir, couldnt agree more. B)

Now all we need to devise is a brainometer which would be a testing machine which decides which people are too stupid or irresponsible to be sold alcohol.

Thus in theory stopping thick neds getting their hands on booze and in turn cutting down the number of street assaults caused by them in their inebriated state B)

What I do not understand is this.

If a person under 18 is caught drinking alchol in public it is taken off him.Why dont they do the same with cigararettes?.

It was a fantastic piece of legislation banning smoking in public places.

Because drinking on the streets is illegal? Anyone of any age would have the drink taken from them.

A little known fact - it's legal for anyone of any age to smoke, it's just illegal for someone under 16 to buy cigarettes.

The ban was absolute overkill. It's a civil liberties and freedom of enterprise issue.

How a privately-owned bar that admits people at its own discretion can be considered "public" is one of the biggest hoop-jumps in modern discourse.

Archived