Smoking Ban Working

Thundermonkey

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Not too sure, but they were talking about the smoking ban on BBC Scotland this morning and they had a brief interview with a man who said that he still "felt like an outcast" cos he had to go outside to smoke, 10 years after the ban was first enforced. 

He then confided with the interviewer "I shouldn't really be smoking actually. I'm just out of hospital after a heart attack". 

Aye, but it gets ignored.

Pretty much this. As staff we are supposed to approach people and tell them they can't smoke. But I don't want stabbed, so I won't be doing that.

It really just goes to show you what absolute scumbags smokers are that they can't wait til they get off hospital grounds.

Pretty much this. As staff we are supposed to approach people and tell them they can't smoke. But I don't want stabbed, so I won't be doing that.

It really just goes to show you what absolute scumbags smokers are that they can't wait til they get off hospital grounds.

At least you're not bothered by it.

The ones in wheel chairs and trailing drips about are funny. They should just make them smoke at the mortuary door to save time.

And that they stab hospital staff who approach them. Further proof, if any more was needed, that smokers are scum, subhuman scum.

It's been a couple of years since I was at the hospital but I recall there were usually smokers at the door puffing away. That was the maternity ward. Best wee country in the world.

Archived