Remember That Day

StewartyMac

Yin and Yan is night and day.

The exact opposite you could say.

Therefore, England's joy on that day, and their despair last night were poles apart. I never meant it to mean what goes around comes around, show me the sentence that says it does? Aye of course, you can't

It was NEVER a free kick in that game, it was a blatant dive, just like the 5 blatant dives beforehand, all convienently at the edge of the box to give Goldenballs the chance to save them.

So now the referees are on their side :blink::unsure:

Even Clive Tyldesley said last night that England's free kick that led to their goal was a clever bit of work by Beckham to gat the free kick.

Something like "He knew the challenge (from Lizarazu) was going to come and was ready to fall down when it did".

Serves them right.

David, did you actually watch that game?

The last 5 minutes were unbelievable as England got free kick after free kick for virtually nothing.

Until eventually they scored.

I did watch the game, and my views on the matter are undoubtedly more valued that yours, as you clearly can't offer up anything complimentary about the English. Every team gets dodgy free kicks, the one leading to the goal, was undoubtedly a foul however :rolleyes:

I did watch the game, and my views on the matter are undoubtedly more valued that yours, as you clearly can't offer up anything complimentary about the English.

Of course I can.

I said in the other thread that they possibly deserved a draw last night.

I have nothing instrinsically against either the England team (although Becks, Scholes, and Gerrard makes this increasingly difficult) or their fans. (the real ones)

The FACT is they are our biggest rivals, and I can't stand the over the top euphoria that we have to hear and see by their media.

Add that together, and yes, of course i wanna see England lose. Thats MY choice, and if you don't agree, I really couldn't give a flying fcuk to be honest.

Racism doesnae even come into it, and I feel deeply insulted you accused me of that.

Even Clive Tyldesley said last night that England's free kick that led to their goal was a clever bit of work by Beckham to gat the free kick.

Something like "He knew the challenge (from Lizarazu) was going to come and was ready to fall down when it did".

Serves them right.

The way he won the foul then crossed that ball into the box was painfully reminiscent of the one he got at Hampden in '99 when Scholes got in to score. :( Seems to be England's main tactic- get a foul then hope Becks can do the business. They got their just desserts cause France at least created chances and played any fitba on view, even the English should see that.

Technically, the Scottish courts have taken the line that discrimination or ill-treatment of an anti-English nature is to be treated as racism.

However, I shall wait until I get daily abuse because of my accent or my windows bricked in because of my birthplace before I regard what is happening on this forum as racist.

Damn Technicallitys :D:lol:

Thank goodness we have the English to keep us in check :P:P:lol::lol: That was a joke b4 someone jumps on me

In honesty tho it is a very Scottish thing, it appeals to our sence of humour to see folk with egg on their faces.

And in the most part it is just a wind up, like the English fans singing "are you scotland..... etc" It is not racist it is not petty it is simply FOOTBALL and we all give as good as we get, I am sure there have been some comments about the haggis shaggin, porrage munching skirt wearing ginger balled jocks not making it comments from the other side when we did not quallify

...the haggis shaggin, porrage munching skirt wearing ginger balled jocks ...

You forgot 'tight-fisted'. Here to help :P

Na bother......Old Bean jolly spiffing of you to say that, what? :P:P:lol:

If I actually heard anyone use those phrases, I'd wanna deck 'em :D

Seems to be England's main tactic- get a foul then hope Becks can do the business.

It definitely was their main tactic in that game against Greece. They couldn't break them down so they were falling about in front of the box looking for a free kick. Beckham fell over as soon as Lizarazu was near him last night. It was funny hearing Gareth Southgate claim that "They go down really easily" after Heskey's challenge on Makelele. Makelele has a damaged collarbone and as a result is doubtful for the next French game. The English shouldn't comment on others diving when they usually benefit from it. Sheringham against Greece, Owen against Argentina in both '98 and '02 and Beckham last night were all clear examples of the ref being conned.

Neither is your obvious racism towards the English.

Ah David, the innocence of youth.

Firstly I did not see any racist comment being made by anyone, anti-England yes, racist no.

In a way I envy you if have no strong feelings against the English football team. It shows the there is some hope for the youth of today. As for us older people who remember what it was like going to Wembley in the 70's and 80's only to be treated as second class citizens, well it's slightly different. I double dare you to go to the next Scotland v England match and not come home a changed man forever. Life is not the utopia you seem to think it is sometimes. You will learn this when you do a bit of growing up.

Dont forget as well David the two countries have been fighting for nearly 1000 years and most of the time we have been on the receiving end, its only natural all real Scots have a dislike of their neighbours. At least nowadays it is done at a football match or in the stands and not on a battlefield somewhere.

Another thing, there is a football team I hate, you might have heard of them ;). Now I dont care who beats them, no matter whether its in the league, the FA Cup or the Champions League. Does that make me a racist of sorts as well :blink:

If you want nice and friendly banter all the time I suggest you join a knitting or a Friends website, cause as sure as shit is shit, Scotland and England will never get along "living in perfect harmony".

England is not a race. Those who hate England could be classed as anglophobes but not racists.

Wanting a national team to lose does not automatically mean you hate every single person from that nation. I want England to lose but I don't hate every single English person. I don't consider myself anti-English except in sporting (ie trivial and unimportant) matters. Were I to, for example, turn down a man's job application simply because he was English, then there would be a good reason for complaint.

I really don't see what David W's problem is. He's effectively telling StewartyMac that he isn't allowed to hold a certain opinion. Fascist.

Nobody can deny that the (majority of) English fans and press enjoy a good gloat when they're winning. When they lose, it comes back at them.

England is not a race. Those who hate England could be classed as anglophobes but not racists.

Technically, .....er no I've already done that :D

Archived