Scotland

Guest Guinness_Alan

Guest Guinness_Alan

5. The Daily Record - newspaper? Aye right!

4. Rab C Nesbitt - just not funny

3. Irn Bru - :yucky

2. The weather - you can get all 4 seasons in 1 day!

1. The old firm - especially the media obsession with them!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Weather

The Daily Record

Glasgow - a bit harsh perhaps, since i do occassionally like going through for a few drinks or a gig but on the whole i can't stand the place.

The Scottish mentality - a peculiar 'oh look at us, even though we're getting gubbed we don't mind because we're characters'.

Tartanry and Shortbread - is this really how we want to define ourselves?

Guest Guinness_Alan
Would you rather we were never allowed to leave? :blink:

I wondered if that was what he meant too!

Even if it was a typo and he meant to say can't catch a plane to foreign countries it doesn't make sense.

What do you mean David? :unsure:

1. The O F and all the baggage that goes with them.

2. Neds

3. professional single mums

4. The state of our road surfaces

5. Litter - I'm sure we're worse than them down south.

5. The SPL

4. The A9 - familiarity breeds contempt

3. Valuations by the house purchaser

2. Argentina football shirts

1. New Cumnock - is the old Cumnock any better?

A million, billion things. But off the top of my head.

5. The football/golf are the only sports attitude.

4. The Daily Record. Supports the Old Firm, actively encourages sectarianism and racism, is full of terrible journalism, only promotes football.

3. All our national heroes are bawbags. William Wallace, Rabbie Burns, Runrig. But you aren't allowed to say so, othewise the Daily Record will slaughter you.

2. People who dare to be different and discerning are rejected - David Byrne, Ridley Scott, Ivor Cutler, etc, etc.

1. The backwards looking, parochial, insular blame Asylum seekers, pro-war, pro-hanging right wing which for some reason votes SNP.

In short, I've given up on this stupid, backwards, conservative (note the small c) country (and the UK in general). I'm out of here first opportunity I get.

A million, billion things. But off the top of my head.

5. The football/golf are the only sports attitude.

4. The Daily Record. Supports the Old Firm, actively encourages sectarianism and racism, is full of terrible journalism, only promotes football.

3. All our national heroes are bawbags. William Wallace, Rabbie Burns, Runrig. But you aren't allowed to say so, othewise the Daily Record will slaughter you.

2. People who dare to be different and discerning are rejected - David Byrne, Ridley Scott, Ivor Cutler, etc, etc.

1. The backwards looking, parochial, insular blame Asylum seekers, pro-war, pro-hanging right wing which for some reason votes SNP.

In short, I've given up on this stupid, backwards, conservative (note the small c) country (and the UK in general). I'm out of here first opportunity I get.

Would pretty much agree with that right up to the last point Jim. You've just described the average Labour voter

Mine are as follows.

1 The Labour Party - and how people in central Scotland would vote for a hatstand with a red rosette on it despite the fact they are a bunch of self serving @rseholes - see Jack McConnell as a classic example

2 The Old Firm - and sectarianism in all forms

3 The Daily Record - promotes points 1 and 2

4 Shellsuit wearing neds - no explanition needed

5 The SPL

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. :P

Finding it hard to cope in this Britain are we? Academia and intellegence not valued - what a shame.

This is the fairest country in Europe, that's why Asylum seekers want to live here, if you work hard and have a little bit of know how, you can have a brilliant life.

I've worked in Frankfurt, Tokyo, Jedda, Kuala lumpur and San Diego but nothing beats working in London or Glasgow.

Things I hate.

5 Gaelic, Teach the kids Chinese FFS. :angry:

4 The Tartan Army. "We're shite, but hey! I'm away from the wife for 3 days"

3 Neds

2 Bigotry

1 The Scottish Parliament.

I've worked in Frankfurt, Tokyo, Jedda, Kuala lumpur and San Diego but nothing beats working in London or Glasgow.

I've lived in Zurich and can honestly say that it's a much better place to live than Scotland. The weather's better, the nightlife is fantastic and you're in the heart of Europe. It's a great place to live.

1 - Neds - Surely no other country in the world can be populated by so many of these wee feckers. Rude, insolent, violent, vulgur... I could go on all day. Where else would c***s call out the fire brigade only to pelt them with stones!

I reckon I could rival JP in hatred of this country as anyone that knows me can confirm. I am proud to be Scottish but Sean Connery has the right idea! ;)

I'm glad alone in feeling like that, Radford.

By the way, I think pelting the fire brigade with stones is vaguely amusing. :ph34r:

But that's because I think the fire brigade steal your stuff. :ph34r:

I've lived in Zurich and can honestly say that it's a much better place to live than Scotland. The weather's better, the nightlife is fantastic and you're in the heart of Europe. It's a great place to live.

I've lived and worked in sydney and it's way way better than glasgow or edinburgh.

Scotland is pretty crap.

the scenery is over rated. go to new zealand or somewhere like the grand canyon. that is scenery.

as Radford says the transport system is rubbish - places like hong kong and singapore are light years ahead.

it goes without saying i hate neds

aye and the weather is shit. it's feckin june and i had to warm myself up at the fire when i got in last night <_<

edit because scottish education is obviously rotten too and i can't spell!

The weather here is fantastic, no two days the same. :)

Zurich like a lot of Germany and Austria is very nice, the towns are clean, well run, no trouble but something is missing. These countries are like Classroom swots, very nice but very dull.

As for Austrailia, if it's so damn good how come London is crawling with Aussies? I know of 3 families who emigrated there and returned within 5 years.

Archived