Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Deary me this threads getting more recognition the now than it does at teatime on a Monday night when we're absolutely desperate for a body or 2 to make up 10 folk. Sham. This needs addressed.

When 5's is at a set time and day every week, every other group I've played with have it penned into their diary and can make it unless there is some sort of exceptional circumstances.

I've got absolutely no idea why people come and go at the GA 5's. Set a fiver away before the weekend and fucking turn up. It's just shite that folk pick and choose when they can be arsed. It's not as if they're doing anything better.

When 5's is at a set time and day every week, every other group I've played with have it penned into their diary and can make it unless there is some sort of exceptional circumstances.

I've got absolutely no idea why people come and go at the GA 5's. Set a fiver away before the weekend and fucking turn up. It's just shite that folk pick and choose when they can be arsed. It's not as if they're doing anything better.

The above is a newsletter that I very much subscribe to.

Well said Fudge, even though I aint part of that 5's group.

If you do have anything better to do please post in NSFW forum:ph34r:

If this 11's shindig does ahead, then I'll either play up-front or centre-half.

I'd prefer up-front though. Either way, my performance and style are similar.

Up-front - Backing in, sly elbows, holding the ball up, loads of chasing, annoying centre halves.

Centre-half - Clipping strikers feet, sly elbows, blootering the ball up the park at every opportunity and thundering throught strikers and 'nippy' wingers, whether the ball's really there to be won or not. Hard, but fair.

I'd be up for this, although we'd need to get just a wee bit organised.

I'd demand you played centre half. I like having a raw, burley centre half along side me as I'm better at organising and 'talking people through' a game than I am playing football. You can do the mindless blocking in the centre and i'll tuck in and mop up behind you if need be. That and the fact I absolutely detest 'back to the goals' type strikers, because it invariably means they are immobile carthorses who can't score to save themselves.

Edited by Fudge

I'd demand you played centre half. I like having a raw, burley centre half along side me as I'm better at organising and 'talking people through' a game than I am playing football. You can do the mindless blocking in the centre and i'll tuck in and mop up behind you if need be. That and the fact I absolutely detest 'back to the goals' type strikers, because it invariably means they are immobile carthorses you can't score to save themselves.

I demand you take that back! Shakehands Tom DFC has been very close to scoring for the PnB Select on at least one occasion.

I'd demand you played centre half. I like having a raw, burley centre half along side me as I'm better at organising and 'talking people through' a game than I am playing football. You can do the mindless blocking in the centre and i'll tuck in and mop up behind you if need be.

That and the fact I absolutely detest 'back to the goals' type strikers, because it invariably means they are immobile carthorses who can't score to save themselves.

That sounds good, aye, I'd be up for playing centre-half.

I'd be offended etc, had you not just desribed my forward-playing style to an absolute tee! ;)

I demand you take that back! Shakehands Tom DFC has been very close to scoring for the PnB Select on at least one occasion.

Thanks for that! <_<

That does little to disprove the (albeit largely correct) view that I am a carthorse who can't score, and just likes to 'lumber about' and 'annoy centre halves'. Think Kevin Davies (although shitter in the air and less prolific), and Paul Dickov.

Although, references have been made to Luca Toni in the past... ;)

Thanks for that! <_<

That does little to disprove the (albeit largely correct) view that I am a carthorse who can't score, and just likes to 'lumber about' and 'annoy centre halves'. Think Kevin Davies (although shitter in the air and less prolific), and Paul Dickov.

Although, references have been made to Luca Toni in the past... ;)

Your right I'm sorry. I'm going in a huff with you till the end of the season though, thanks to this:

Bennett (pen) 90+6

:angry:

If you're my size and strength, playing against a back to goal big man up front is a walk in the park. It's out and out pace that leaves me and most other centre halfs for dead. The hardest thing is responding to movement and acceleration so communication needs to be absolutely spot on so everyone knows where to move and track and that no one's left unmarked or at least getting an easy ride. It's easier said that done though as when a 1-2 is played and the striker gets a run on my standing start it's a nightmare to get back.

If my body could do what my mind wanted it to do I'd be playing for Barca, but as that's not the case I've got to make do with my 60 minutes of glory at Ochilview every Thursday evening :lol:

Your right I'm sorry. I'm going in a huff with you till the end of the season though, thanks to this:

Bennett (pen) 90+6

:angry:

:lol:

I forgive you. Which 'chance' were you thinking of btw lol?

That's not my fault though, is it?

The bet is still in the balance. Still time for you guys to claw it back. ;)

Gus Poyet's Barmy Army! :lol:

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

:lol:

I forgive you. Which 'chance' were you thinking of btw lol?

That's not my fault though, is it?

The bet is still in the balance. Still time for you guys to claw it back. ;)

Gus Poyet's Barmy Army! :lol:

You took out the E I E I EI O :(

Anyway you had a golden chance against Clyde. I believe we won actually. :D

I'm out for tomorrow night chaps. Not been to bed since Saturday morning and it looks like it is going to be another very long night tonight with a sick child. Apologies, but I would be utterly useless if I tried to play tomorrow. Also, there would be a very good chance I'd end up in Balloch or some God forsaken hole as a result of falling asleep on the train.