Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

I thought that was shit.

My performance was minging, and it shows so, when my best piece of work was my (dare I say it), superb and well-timed slide tackle on Adam. My slide tackle on Ryan was, erm, less well-timed (well, I suppose it depends on what you term 'well-timed' as, but that's a discussion for another time....)

I hope for a better game, and a better performance from me, next week.

If you guys don't mind travelling, I could arrange an 11 a side match to be played at Denny High School . My brother has a team including me that would welcome a game. Would also talk to my local for some hospitality afterwards. Let me know if you are Interested

park fee's and ref to be split 50/50.

Cheers

sammy

Should really be leaving this to Kev, I guess, given he's effectively the head honcho of the Glorious Glasgow 5's, but may as well ask; what would the fee be/what dates would you have in mind? Once the SPL/SFL season is finished would free most folk who play here up for a Saturday/Sunday game, I'm guessing.

From experience over the weeks, we've gone from struggling to muster enough bodies on one monday to having about a dozen folk registering an interest the day before the next.

Quite like the sound of this, so I'd deffo be up for it if a suitable date/price/travel and whatnot could be arranged, can't speak for other folk though.

I forgot to mention my finishing was even more woeful than ever tonight. I only scored once, and hit the woodwork about 5 times!

I see Scott is reading, you better be playing next week boyo! :P

IN.

Next monday is a bank holiday, I think, but we've played before on those days and it hasnt affected things, iirc. Will deffo play next week, missed the graft these past few weeks, shall make up for next week however.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

If you guys don't mind travelling, I could arrange an 11 a side match to be played at Denny High School . My brother has a team including me that would welcome a game. Would also talk to my local for some hospitality afterwards. Let me know if you are Interested

Cheers

sammy

Might be a better thing to try and negotiate with the PnB select if it still exists. Not that that lot could organise a piss up in a brewry mind you. Could probably use somebody as efficient as me on there. Shame about my ability lol. I dunno. I'll leave it up for debate.

Tonight pfftt...I thought the teams were fine looking at the start but a couple of the other mob didn't look too up for it so we ended up well in front. Got much better after the swap. Decent enough, most I've ran about in a while.

Man Of The Match - Jim Torbett.

Edited by Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth

Cheers

sammy

We have trouble getting ten players most weeks, so the organising skills needed for this would be way over our head I reckon. None the less, it could still be a laugh, like the good old days for the P&B Select.

As for last night, I thought it was pretty decent. I knew Brian's wee cousin would be something special when he picked him first, so knew that we would probably win by a few. I'm glad we switched players, I can't stand playing when the teams are uneven, regardless if I happen to be on the winning side. I'd much rather a competitive game of football.

Once the switch was made it was better. I thought I played quite well last night, but when I was getting tired I was making some silly mistakes. Shakey's challenge on me was indeed a belter, got the ball as well. Well done. However, my challenge on Experienced Brian was much better, winning the ball and going on a mazing run which almost resulted in a goal.

I really enjoy playing Fives on a Monday night, but as I'm sure most of you are aware, it is really annoying sitting eating your dinner at 6pm on a Monday and not knowing if you are going to be playing football or not. Obviously people can't commit to play every week (although the likes of Paul, Kopite Dave, Shakey and Kev rarely miss) but there surely something we could do to get more people interested? I'm sure the thousands of other teams that play fives every week that don't have this problem.

One more point, could everyone that plays most weeks PM me their number? We don't want to be missing one player and someone can't get to a computer to say that they want to play.

Onwards and upwards for GA Fives.

Also, anyone that happens to be lurking on this thread, please don't think that we are some sort of closed society, anyone is welcome to declare an interest to play.

However, my challenge on Experienced Brian was much better, winning the ball and going on a mazing run which almost resulted in a goal.

Mazing runs that lead to goals are over-rated. ;)

Epic slide tackles which result in the tackler emerging with the ball are terrific, whether they result in goals or not. :P

It would be end of the season guys, just to be fair. Denny High's park is good and cheaper than hiring out Broadwood I have been told, but Broadwood would prob be easier for you guys to get to. No rush in making a decision tho.

Could be a decent wee run out for us all.

The pub in question would do us all a wee turn no problem.

Another venue could possibly be Ravenswood:unsure:.

It would be end of the season guys, just to be fair. Denny High's park is good and cheaper than hiring out Broadwood I have been told, but Broadwood would prob be easier for you guys to get to. No rush in making a decision tho.

Could be a decent wee run out for us all.

The pub in question would do us all a wee turn no problem.

Another venue could possibly be Ravenswood:unsure:.

Ravenswood is a toilet. My mates house key worked for the lock on the gates to the 3G park. :lol:

Has this ever kicked off in other places or is it just glasgow?

:blink:

Right, so what does everyone think about the idea of a game of 11's through in Denny? I reckon it could be a laugh and a chance for us to actually talk to each other. We said at Christmas that we would try and get a 9pm KO once a month so that we could go for a pint afterwards but nothing really happened there.

It might be a struggle for us to get the numbers, but if we could get 14 names between now and the game I would think that would be OK, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, I'd be up for it, presuming I have reasonable time to find a baby sitter.

I think a game of elevens would be an absolute shambles in all honesty.

Let's be honest, the result isn't really that important, is it? Just about going out for the day and having a laugh.

I don't think it's a bad idea, I think it would be fun.

If there isn't that much interest in a game of 11's, then how about asking some fans from other areas if they fancy a game of sevens or something like that? Like a pre-season tour. :lol:

Let's be honest, the result isn't really that important, is it? Just about going out for the day and having a laugh.

I don't think it's a bad idea, I think it would be fun.

If there isn't that much interest in a game of 11's, then how about asking some fans from other areas if they fancy a game of sevens or something like that? Like a pre-season tour. :lol:

Why not consider joining up with the Select or what's left of it? We have a potential game coming up next month and are well short of bodies? Could do a couple of games though for a laugh I'm sure.

Why not consider joining up with the Select or what's left of it? We have a potential game coming up next month and are well short of bodies? Could do a couple of games though for a laugh I'm sure.

It's certainly an option for some of the guys that play, but I'm not interested in turning out for the Select now or in the future.

As for Monday, I should be fine to play.