Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

I'll be extremely disappointed if coldojag's idea of a rendition of "Mary from Maryhill" before the game was not followed up. :angry:

Sadly it did not happen. I'll let the culprits explain for themselves.

It was non-stop last night, a really decent game. I have to first agree with McGowan's post about Calum, the big man was on brilliant form last night, easily the best player on the park.

Everyone in my eyes got pass marks, it was just a case of they clicked better than we did when it came to passing and moving. We, for whatever reason, couldn't get it together. Whenever we got it back to either even or one goal down, we always shipped a couple of cheap goals in quick succession, which was always going to hurt us.

I think the bibs won by three in the end, but there was never more than five goals in it at any time, which is something that we should take from the game.

Next week will hopefully be the same again. I reckon we will get ten easily. In so far is -

Adam

Fudge

Martyn

David

Scott

McGowan

And I think Calum said he was in as well, can you confirm big man? If so, that would be seven bodies on a Tuesday.

Stirling Area Drunken b*****ds wae a deed phone and might be gettin disqualified fae his last exam for enterin the hall too early and wis sayin hings tae folk - K.Thacker

Glad it went ahead without my input. Sounded a decent game.

I'll be oot again next week because I am going down to London to see Jon Bon Bawbag

I hate playing on those pitches up the top; not only are they smaller but the surface is rubbish. My feet feel like I've walked across hot coals.

Our team would've been better on a larger pitch as our first touch was awful. Didn't go with runners either.

my gash fitness showed, first time ive done anything more than a walk in around 6 months, i was responsible for at least 4 or 5 goals as i simply didn't have the energy towards the end. still really enjoyed it though, i thought coldo and calum were best players.

out for next week, it's zante time!

apologies boys, i'm out next week as well. i've got the small matter of turning 21 on monday, so i cant imagine i'll be sober enough by 9/9.30pm for 5s lol.

and btw talk about deft flicks, the last goal, wee touch off the heel...........anyone??????

ps martyn's was a cracker to be fair!

Edited by mcgowan

and btw talk about deft flicks, the last goal, wee touch off the heel...........anyone??????

I think I remember that one, somehow a long ball reached right onto the border of the box and you?(or someone else) little flick, outside of the boot dinked it past Martyn.

That was the goal that pretty sealed the win, we had conceded all sorts of unfortunate and very well finished goals, but that was the nail in the coffin.

Edited by coldojag

I'm in for Monday.

With regards to the suggestions of a coincidence when it's a good game and I don't feature, this doesn't surprise me.

I'm more of a grafter, tackler, fouler and general 'dig and stop the flair players' typa player, so when I'm absent, it's always likely that the game is more open and the 'technically good' players are going to play better.

It's kind of like the situation for Chelsea when Makelele played/didn't play, or Ryan McStay in the same situation for Dumbarton.

I fractured 2 of my right toes yesterday in an incident which will not be getting disclosed on here. One of them which I've already broke before so straight away I could tell that's what had happened to it.

I could play, as the last time I broke a toe I was playing football about a week and a half later, and that was with an actual break. Although I was only in third year so, even at the GA 5's poor level of football, this was ridiculous. I could of been on crutches and still been the best player on the park.

I'll sit it out if you get ten easily, but I'll attempt to play through the pain barrier if

a) You can't get 10 bodies

b) I actually have money

Edited by ChrisyM92

We are falling like flies this week lads! I am also going to have to pull out for tomorrow. Living in a building site at the moment and I hope to get quite a lot of work done once the tilers finish tomorrow evening.

I'll probably be on at some point tomorrow so I can still book it for you. I can also ask Martyn and Brian if they want a game.