Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Mind in the old FIFA games where you could snap the 'keepers?

Brilliant way of venting your frustration.

:D

Can't believe most games nowadays have removed the option of fouling goalkeepers, or Ultra-Hard Tackles. This Is Football allowed you to do two-footed challenges, hack the keeper and let you perform dives and all, from what I can remember.

ISS on the SNES was great, it let you do shoulder barges if you pushed the button for a "soft" challenge and a sliding challenge at the same time. If you timed it correctly you could basically clatter the other player and get clean away with it, but you could get a straight red and all if you weren't careful. I remember being able to shoulder barge the goalkeepers, too, which occassionally let you off with only a yellow card, it was brilliant.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Mind in the old FIFA games where you could snap the 'keepers?

Brilliant way of venting your frustration.

Indeed!

My big cousin dug his Playstation 1 out his storage cupboard last night. Games we played included FIFA 98, FIFA 99, FIFA 2000 and Crash Bandicoot.

It was good fun. I think every game we played at FIFA got abandoned cause of the amount of red cards, as TDN has already pointed out.

If anyone wants my place (looking at you here Kev), you're very much welcome to it. I've got an overdue Case Study that I'm working on just now. I'm still able to make it, but I'd be puching my time limit.

So in summary, if Kev wants my place, it's his. If not, I'll make it.

Sorry about the moaning again lads. I post this apology alongside a promise to discontinue all whining from here-on in. Hold me to it please.

My pride does not come close to paralleling my fitness and I am of course taking it all a bit too seriously.

Believe it or not I did think it was a more enjoyable, even game this week however. And I'll soon make some enquiries into next Monday. There would seem to be a demand for one more game, at least, before the year is out.

We are Morton.

I enjoyed that tonight. I think we won by a few goals, and our best player by quite a distance was Dubs. Great touch and some excellent finishes. FF was good too, with some very good challenges when they were attacking.

It was a fairly even game too, and pretty end-to-end. I enjoyed it on a whole, even though I played pretty poorly.

The 'berge and banter' in the pub afterwards was also enjoyable. That could perhaps be a monthly occurence after the game?

:)