Some Facts About "the Beast" John Gemmell Part 2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't remember who he played for at the time but he was getting a roasting at Bayview then scored a goal. He ran across to us miming that he was hammering nails into a coffin. I liked that and football needs these love them or hate them characters.

Can't remember who he played for at the time but he was getting a roasting at Bayview then scored a goal. He ran across to us miming that he was hammering nails into a coffin. I liked that and football needs these love them or hate them characters.

He's done stuff like that a few times. He was getting pelters at Cliftonhill a few years ago, scored then came across and was getting it right up the East Fife fans. We went on to win and he thundered down the tunnel smashing the walls at full time. :lol:

Brilliant guy to have in the league. Football's a lot duller without guys like Gemmell.

Was that the 3-2 game last season where EF were all over us, Gemmell scored a late equaliser, and then Austin got the winner?

That definitely rings a bell though I was thinking it was longer ago than that. I'm sure Gemmell equalised late and then we nicked the winner either 2-1 or 3-2 so that sounds right.

Aye, if you're giving some player pelters, you can hardly complain if the guy gives it back. Gemmell thrives on it.

He's done stuff like that a few times.................... getting it right up the East Fife fans. Brilliant guy to have in the league. Football's a lot duller without guys like Gemmell.

I think you're confusing character with a natural weegie disdain for East Fife :lol:

I think you're confusing character with a natural weegie disdain for East Fife :lol:

Aye... But!

I also remember Gemmell pretending to hammer throw against us too. Probably the best 'journeyman' striker of the lower leagues in recent years. Tell him he's Pele did a really good interview with him, it's worth a listen.

Surely his be(a)st years are behind him now though, otherwise why else would he sign for cannon fodder and a small club like Clyde?

Archived