P&b Running Club

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sideshow boabster

My achillies had been playing up for a while but I'm back out again, but finding it tough. Might have something to do with the baltic weather conditions mind you. Was swimming today and done 30 lengths so hopefully that'll get the lungs going too.

Cannae wait for the better weather so I can go back out on the bike. Loads of nice places to cycle around in sunny Ayrshire.

I did 9.17k around Grangemouth yesterday and clocked it at 42:34. First run over 5k I've done since hurting my knee so pleased with that.

Got 11 pounds and hopefully a couple of minutes to be shaved off my 10k time by the Round The Houses race at the end of March. I'd be delighted to record my first official sub-50 10k but I've got a chance of getting round in around 47 minutes.

I did 9.17k around Grangemouth yesterday and clocked it at 42:34. First run over 5k I've done since hurting my knee so pleased with that.

Got 11 pounds and hopefully a couple of minutes to be shaved off my 10k time by the Round The Houses race at the end of March. I'd be delighted to record my first official sub-50 10k but I've got a chance of getting round in around 47 minutes.

I found my Nike+ sensor - hurrah! I've been using that and the snow as an excuse.

If you are aiming for 47 mins I'm going to try and keep up with you :) If I pass you then you're not running fast enough.

It's hard trying to walk in the snow/slush. :( Just got back from a walk,from Letham(Newhouse Road) to the south inch,twice around there and back up again to Letham. Started at 1pm,got back around ten mins ago. :D

Everything hurts,and my legs where burning when I got back in.

Get your username down so we can get some exclusive P&B challenges up and running.

Username: THUNDRMONKEY

P&B Sprint Star - fastest mile

P&B 100 Club - 1st to 100 miles

P&B Group Run - All runners complete 50 miles.

If you fancy it post or PM your username and I'll sign you up. This way we avoid guys from the Gambon (3 miles in 16 mins) and Japan (over 29 miles in 2 days) signing up and beating us all :lol:

Are girls allowed??? lol.

amie301285

xx

Are girls allowed??? lol.

amie301285

xx

I'm down for some more nike plus chaleenges thunder!! got an entry into the great north run last week, and got 33 miles in last 7 days tae despite the pish weather!! :)

Could i ask how much cardio each person on this thread does each week?

Part of my course and would like to know :)

I play squash twice a week sometimes three times a week for at least an hour each time. I use the exercise bike for a couple of hours a week. So. At least four hours a week cardio and normally nearer five. I'm going to just use the squash as cardio work from now on anyway as I'm doing too much.

Edited by Reynard

Could i ask how much cardio each person on this thread does each week?

Part of my course and would like to know :)

Between walking and running I can do about fifty or sixty miles a week. I swim twice, and play 5s once or twice.

You're welcome. What's the info needed for?

My college course, studying sports.

Looking to see how much cardio people do to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Best type of training is Interval training imo.

What types of stretches do you do before you exercise?

Most people do the wrong type of stretching before exercise and not the right one after it.