P&b Running Club

Its always my hands and ears that end up freezing.

I can still generally run with just a normal (long sleeved) top on and shorts and if wet/windy a waterproof jacket - just so long as I dont have to hang about before or after then run too long. my torso/legs dont seem to get that cold.

even in winter I still end up a big sweaty mess.

This for me too. Gloves are the only essential for me in winter. I was out in -7degC at one point last year, and even with decent running gloves my fingers were fucking sore when I defrosted .

You really need to get along to Tollcross Parkrun. We'll give you a warm welcome :) You'll breeze round Victoria after that.

Chortle. I've done Tollcross a couple of times. The first time was a struggle, but the second time I came prepared with crampons, climbing ropes, a bivouac and a St Bernard, so it wasn't so bad.

I agree with the gloves being the most important winter running gear even then I sometimes lose the feelign in my fingers. I usually wear a woolly hat if it is really cold and stick it in my pocket after I heat up. I also own 2 pairs of running tights which I wear under shorts (these are really good) and a couple of compression tops which I use as an extra layer.

The best advice is to layer up when running in cold weather - you can always take an extra top off and tie it round your waist.

Did Jed half in 1h 34 which is PB however was 44m at halfway and bang on for sub 1h 30, a combination of strong head wind and injury hampered second half. Injury is a worry keep getting pain in my left buttock at 6 miles. Went to start fitness today and turns out my shoes are shit and need more support - hope it helps

First run in 18 months yesterday as part of my battle against the bulge. Managed 4 miles in 35mins.

Not as bad as I expected but clearly plenty room for improvement.

Also fancy one of these park runs you're all banging on about, assuming they're free to enter.

yes - see website - register and print off barcode and just turn up

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/

Aye, its murder. Its Such a boot in the nuts after training for it.  Like Ross I was well ahead of the game at the half way stage - but that was due to having a tailwind - the minute we turned back into it it was like trying to run in a swimming pool. Och well.Thats me for halves this year. Back to 10s and parkruns.

Me as well was a killer coming back

First run in 18 months yesterday as part of my battle against the bulge. Managed 4 miles in 35mins.

Not as bad as I expected but clearly plenty room for improvement.

Also fancy one of these park runs you're all banging on about, assuming they're free to enter.

Assuming you live in Dumbarton (and not 1891!), your nearest park-run would be Victoria Park, which is also much flatter than some of the other ones.

It's rather odd that Northern Ireland has 15 park runs to Scotland's 12, despite Scotland being much larger in both size and population.

Assuming you live in Dumbarton (and not 1891!), your nearest park-run would be Victoria Park, which is also much flatter than some of the other ones.

It's rather odd that Northern Ireland has 15 park runs to Scotland's 12, despite Scotland being much larger in both size and population.

There's only 11. , but scotland is expanding pretty rapidly. Perth starts this month, springburn is on the cards and perhaps Greenock.

This time last year there was only 8.

There's only 11. , but scotland is expanding pretty rapidly. Perth starts this month, springburn is on the cards and perhaps Greenock. 

I didn't know that Perth was starting, I knew it was being planned though. Any details on the course? If it's around the 2 inches it will be a very flat one.

DHD-it's from more or less outside Bells, up northwards to the golf course, up on to the grass path round the back of the golf course, round a little circle at the top end of the golf course and back down. If you look on the Parkrun website you'll see the course map.

I'll certainly give it a go now and then!

DHD-it's from more or less outside Bells, up northwards to the golf course, up on to the grass path round the back of the golf course, round a little circle at the top end of the golf course and back down. If you look on the Parkrun website you'll see the course map.

I'll certainly give it a go now and then!

Sounds good! Will probably be next year before I can give it a go, but will definitely be on the to do list.

Heard about Springburn Park, but nothing about Greenock. Think one around Barshaw Park in Paisley would be a good shout - although doing that killer hill at least 4 times would be tough lol.

Do you know what the Springburn Park course is like? Flat/hilly? Paths/tarmac/grass/trail? etc.

Heard about Springburn Park, but nothing about Greenock. Think one around Barshaw Park in Paisley would be a good shout - although doing that killer hill at least 4 times would be tough lol.

Do you know what the Springburn Park course is like? Flat/hilly? Paths/tarmac/grass/trail? etc.

Not sure yet. There's a trip next sunday.

Taken from Glasgow Parkrun FB page :

"Please join us for a relaxed/social and easy paced 5K run around Springburn park on Sunday 10th November at 10am - meeting at the Balgrayhill Road Gate entrance.

If you're interested in seeing parkrun in the North of Glasgow, it'd be super to see you along!"

Actually there's some amount of them in Norn Iron that are new with Larne starting this weekend. They are generally quite small though with most of them well under 100 folk, but just shows how easy it is to start and keep one going.