P&b Running Club

I started running in October. I took two overdoses at the end of September, one of which could have killed me. I also had over 100 self inflicted cuts to my leg. My therapist put me on a contract of safety (shes worked with me on and off for years and if I break this contract shes cutting all contact with me which would be devastating)  and I had to look at safe ways of coping with my borderline personality disorder, anxiety and depression. 

So I pulled on my trainers, signed up for the winter 5k and started running.....slowly. The buzz I got from completing each section of c25k and then a couple of days ago when I did my first 5k was much better and healthier than the release I was getting from hurting myself.

2014 aims:

Not embarass myself a week on Saturday. 

10k in May, going to run for SANDS as my friend had a stillborn a couple of weeks ago.

Great Scottish 10k in October

Run my bpd back into remission! 

Brave & inspirational post.

Keep it up......you'll beat this bit by bit :)

PS - agree with the others.....you won't embarrass yourself next week.

In true New Year, new me fashion I'm going to start running again.

Done a few half marathons and the black rock run in 2012 and planned to do more in 2013 but just never put the trainers back on. Just really struggled for motivation. Once I get started i'm fine.

Quick Question though - Previously I used Runkeeper on my iPhone. Is there any others I should be looking at?

2013 summary. In the first half of the year, if you'd said I'd be into running I'd have laughed in your face. One drunken bet in the pub later and I was in training to run 10k in under an hour. Nailed that, found I actually enjoyed it in a perverse kinda way. Got down to 24 minutes for 5k, then got injured (the physio made me take my trousers off then mocked me in front of a mirror for having flat feet). Sports podiatrist booked for the 4th January. Then in training to run a marathon a mile uphill in the Swiss Alps. Dreading it.

2013 summary. In the first half of the year, if you'd said I'd be into running I'd have laughed in your face. One drunken bet in the pub later and I was in training to run 10k in under an hour. Nailed that, found I actually enjoyed it in a perverse kinda way. Got down to 24 minutes for 5k, then got injured (the physio made me take my trousers off then mocked me in front of a mirror for having flat feet). Sports podiatrist booked for the 4th January. Then in training to run a marathon a mile uphill in the Swiss Alps. Dreading it. 

Took your trousers off and you were only mocked for your flat feet!!

Humblebrag!! Lol.

Went out today on my scheduled day off, ran 4miles.

Stopped twice, fitness has definitely dipped and at one point was running 90% of my max heart rate which isn't good.

Hopefully this will drop and get easier, my recovery was not as it usually is. Need to improve on the eating too.

2013 was a mixed year for me. A few injuries meant that I only ran a total of 600 miles (260 of them were in the bag before the end of February) and I had to defer my entry to the London Marathon.

High points of the year include new PB's at 5k, Half and Full Marathon.

My main aim for 2014 is to be fit and injury free for London. I've only ran 2 marathons and both times my training has been so interrupted that my initial goals were reduced to "just get around". I really want to have a proper go at seeing how quick I can do one.

Done a lap of Strathy (just shy of 6k) yesterday in an attempt to burn off some of the food and drink and somehow managed to smash my best time round the loch to bits. Particularly strange given the amount I consumed the day before, albeit the conditions were good. Fairly calm and quite cool and Id had a decent lie in.

Bizarre how you prepare for days prior to a run and epicly fail then just go out for a wee run and you find your mojo.

Tailrunner at Tollcross tomorrow then running at Eglinton parkrun NYD.

Good meeting you today mate and I hope you enjoyed Eglinton. It's a bit more cross country than Tollcross but at least it's not as hilly.

Good meeting you today mate and I hope you enjoyed Eglinton. It's a bit more cross country than Tollcross but at least it's not as hilly.

Aye it was a great wee course. So very different from tollcross. Thankfully it wasnt as muddy as I thought it would be. Look forward to doing it again at some point as I'd do better knowing where I was distance wise. Nice wee downhill for a sprint finish.

Can anyone give me a link to where i can sign up to do any 10k runs in tayside/angus/fife areas please

Scottish running guide is your best bet - covers all of scotland but I'm sure you'll work it out!

http://scottishrunningguide.com/race_listings.php

A word of warning though re runs in fife. Be careful - every time an aircraft flies overhead the locals stop to point at it, so be aware.

Edited by Garrowhillclyde

A word of warning though re runs in fife. Be careful - every time an aircraft flies overhead the locals stop to point at it, so be aware.

Lol.

Went for a wee 5km run this morning. Tough conditions as there was a very cold breeze that took your breath away.

First run of the year this morning - a smidgeon under 5 miles.

Pace is feeling alright but, like my last few runs, getting a couple of pains as I go round stopping it being comfortable (seems to be different places everytime too :( ) - hopefully as I get back into more regular running it'll ease off.

I started running in October. I took two overdoses at the end of September, one of which could have killed me. I also had over 100 self inflicted cuts to my leg. My therapist put me on a contract of safety (shes worked with me on and off for years and if I break this contract shes cutting all contact with me which would be devastating)  and I had to look at safe ways of coping with my borderline personality disorder, anxiety and depression. 

So I pulled on my trainers, signed up for the winter 5k and started running.....slowly. The buzz I got from completing each section of c25k and then a couple of days ago when I did my first 5k was much better and healthier than the release I was getting from hurting myself.

2014 aims:

Not embarass myself a week on Saturday. 

10k in May, going to run for SANDS as my friend had a stillborn a couple of weeks ago.

Great Scottish 10k in October

Run my bpd back into remission! 

Fantastic, Rowan.

An inspiration to many. Keep up the good work, mate.