P&b Running Club

Managed to run 5k in 18 mins 15 secs the other day. I can't be arsed reading through this entire thread so if someone who is a member of a running club or whatever could tell me if that time is any decent compared to the general standard at such a club that would be smashing. Should probably add that i ran it on a treadmill and appreciate it woud be harder outdoors

Managed to run 5k in 18 mins 15 secs the other day. I can't be arsed reading through this entire thread so if someone who is a member of a running club or whatever could tell me if that time is any decent compared to the general standard at such a club that would be smashing. Should probably add that i ran it on a treadmill and appreciate it woud be harder outdoors

Even if you ran it on a treadmill, that's an excellent time.

I've been running now for three-and-a-half years and my best ever 5K time is about 21 minutes.

Have you been running long?

Allways been fairly fit because i played football but haven't played competitively for about 3 years due to uni/work/getting pished. Started taking the gym a bit more seriously recently and decided to do a few 5k runs. Started off at about 21 mins before Christmas and got it down to 18 15 the other week. Just wondering if it would be worth joining a club/entering competitions with a time like that

I currently run 15 minutes on the treadmill everyday which covers around 2.5 miles. Can someone who knows there stuff tell me if this a reasonable pace or should i be aiming to cover more distance? Cheers

6 minute miles are pretty good going. If you aim from 3.1 miles that is 5k a fairly common race distance.

I dont know if you put any incline on the treadmill but the danger is that at 0 incline the machine is doing a fair bit of the work for you try setting it at 1 as this gives you an approximate effort level for running on the flat outdoors.

What are you hoping to achieve with running as doing the same thing every day isnt necessarily a great idea.

I managed 5 miles on the treadmill tonight on random hill setting after straining a muscle on my back. Last run was Tuesday so only out of action for a few days but I was starting to feel guilty for having days off. Bloody addictive this shit.

I'm no expert, but it seems like a pretty decent time to me. I did 5k over an undulating course...Strathy Park, Smithycroft etc., in 27 mins. this afternoon and, as it was my first real effort since last year, I'm quite chuffed with that .

All being well, I'll be out cycling tomorrow morning . :)

Ran the X-C race yesterday. Well 10K over very hard, bumpy ground over a hilly course I managed to complete the course in 43min 7secs. I'm really pleased with the time as I don't feel at full fitness, but managed a good time.

My mate has been on a diet and training program and managed to get round in 31 mins 27secs. May have to change the diet. He's been very extreme in cutting out pasta, bread, caffine, no sugar or fat and eating loads of protien, veg and drinking 3-4 litres of water each day. Carrot stick anyone?

Ran the X-C race yesterday. Well 10K over very hard, bumpy ground over a hilly course I managed to complete the course in 43min 7secs. I'm really pleased with the time as I don't feel at full fitness, but managed a good time.

My mate has been on a diet and training program and managed to get round in 31 mins 27secs. May have to change the diet. He's been very extreme in cutting out pasta, bread, caffine, no sugar or fat and eating loads of protien, veg and drinking 3-4 litres of water each day. Carrot stick anyone?

That Diet sounds grim. I imagine he is training very hard for that sort of time! Can't imagine ever doing 10k in that time.

I ran 19km on the dreadmill today in 90 minutes. Starting to feel strong over longer distances and did a negative split. Could have went on but had to think about the 12 hour nightshift ahead of me.

They are brilliant times for XC races.

Just entered the Jack Crawford 10k in Bishopbriggs on 10th of March. Anyone else doing it? I usually plod out a 10k in anywhere between 50 and 55 minutes when out jogging, going to give it a real go tonight to see what my 'fast' time is.