P&b Running Club

Been doing 10 min pace runs on treadmill as part of my workout the last couple of weeks between Monday and Thursday. Monday and Wednesday are uphill runs (setting 2.0), with Tuesday and Thursday being flat ones. Averaging 2.7-2.8km on uphill and 2.85-2.98km on flat which is far quicker than my race pace. This should hopefully result in quicker times going forward!

the incline on treadmills needs to be set between 1 and 2 to simulate running outdoors - you might want to up the incline

the incline on treadmills needs to be set between 1 and 2 to simulate running outdoors - you might want to up the incline

I know some sources say that, but I think it is rubbish tbh. I find it far tougher on treadmill at 2 than running on the flat, even accounting for wind resistance.

Anyway, Pollok Park is my likely location tomorrow morning for the 5th anniversary run. If it is moved to the off-road course then it will be Victoria Park!

I would advise doing Victoria Park first as it is flat and fast. Will be a nice way to ease yourself in.

Did Pollok Parkrun this morning in 18:41, which is 3 seconds outside my course pb. Quite pleased with that. My new Garmin Forerunner 10 had it at 4.78km for the course, in part due to me hugging the inside line as I do and partly due to it not tracking perfectly the whole way round. Going to Victoria Park next week and hoping it is more accurate with less trees!

Had this crappy cold/flu thing for a month and finally felt well enough to run a couple of times this weekend. Does it ever feel good to felt the road under your feet again... Lost a lot of fitness though. 10k took 55 mins whereas a month ago I was doing a low 47.

Anyone else starting to plan runs for next year? Have my eye on the Edinburgh and Dundee halves and the Ness full marathon.

Anyone run the path from Blackness to South Queensferry before? Doing it tomorrow and want to get a feel for how muddy it will be if the weather's bad - I don't have trail shoes.

Did this yesterday. Really nice route, almost exactly 10k to the main car park at SQ. Only downside is that you have to divert around Hopetoun House, which involves more of a climb than I was expecting!

Tonight was the 1st run for me since I hurt my achilles doing the Lochaber half (early November) . I ran an entire mile and I did it in just under 10 minutes.

Bring on the London Marathon!!