P&b Running Club

Good point. Will look for a 10k mid to latte march

That's more like it and maybe you could do a few parkruns in the meantime. :lol:

I know I find it much easier to stay motivated if I have a few races on the horizon.

Speaking of running in Paisley I have always thought a Parkrun around Barshaw Park (Paisley Parkrun) would be interesting. Although circa 5 times up that hill would make it a tough one. Not much chance of that happening though as there is not even a proper running club in Paisley to my knowledge!

Managed 10k in under 50 minutes for the first time ever a couple of nights ago so I'm pretty happy with that.

Was pretty much completely flat so I'm going to look into a few different routes to start trying now and then I really want to try the EMF 10k in May then perhaps look at the Scottish Half Marathon in September.

High five! I managed it too. Felt good. onward and upward!

Nice one. Breaking 50 minutes is always a great feeling.

If you're looking for a flat-ish 10K for a PB, give Grangemouth a try.

Grangemouth is a great run. Cambuslang down by the river early march is flat too, as is the Jack Crawford, also early march (a right fast field at that one normally)

Parkruns don't work for me with the kids. I've got a 5k round route that takes me throu fegie so that helps with speed!!!

You can push the kid(s) round in a buggy.

Speaking of running in Paisley I have always thought a Parkrun around Barshaw Park (Paisley Parkrun) would be interesting. Although circa 5 times up that hill would make it a tough one. Not much chance of that happening though as there is not even a proper running club in Paisley to my knowledge!

5 lappers are hard to keep control of, but yeah a Paisley or Greenock one would be good.

Ran 25km this morning. Totally knackered as the second half was uphill. Feeling pretty confident

I'll be ready for my first marathon in Sept.

U will be ready before then.running that sort of distance in a cold.january

On the treadmill last night after a wee 45 minutes on the bike. I get bored too quickly on the treadmill so have got back into the habit of doing intervals of walking and sprinting. 1 minute walk last night then 1 minute at 16kmh. Managed 3 for the full minute, and 2 with around 45 seconds at the fast pace. Will keep working on it and keep at my usually long run on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

That's the recommended maximum for breathing in the atmosphere.

Harsh lol.

Did a 30 mins treadmill run this morning and covered 8.35km. Constant 16.6km/hr pace and final minute at 20km/hr for sprint finish.

Got off at end and noticed blood on my right trainer and quite a bit on running socklet from trainer rubbing against my middle toe. Need to get a new pair of trainers at the weekend!

New parkruns are starting faster than ever. I've still not got around to visiting Victoria Park and now that's another two that I need to add to the list.

My slow plod back to fitness continued tonight with a rather pedestrian 9 miles. That means I've completed 60 miles in January, which isn't all that much but is still 46.9 more than I managed in the whole of November and December.

Harsh lol.

Did a 30 mins treadmill run this morning and covered 8.35km. Constant 16.6km/hr pace and final minute at 20km/hr for sprint finish.

Got off at end and noticed blood on my right trainer and quite a bit on running socklet from trainer rubbing against my middle toe. Need to get a new pair of trainers at the weekend!

I manage about 16kmh in 45s to 1m bursts on the treadmill, with a minute walking in between. Even at my best I can manage a 10k in about 47 minutes, which is about 12.5kmh. How long have you been running that you can manage to keep that pace up for that long?

Got through a 13.1km run tonight in 1hr 2m and change. Pretty happy with this, well on track now for my half four weeks on Sunday.

With all these Parkruns springing up in the West, it'd be great to see another in Edinburgh somewhere in the east. Cramond's a bit of a nightmare to get to without a car, but I realise I'm being incredibly selfish! The turnouts the last couple of weeks have been fantastic, even allowing for the New Year Resolutioners who might drop out.

I used to be regular on here. Picked up an injury, got married, went on honey moon, went on another holiday and then it was christmas. So now injury free and started running again im looking forward to getting back to where i was. Aim is sub 45min 10k by march along with sub 20min 5k. Not going to be plesent.