P&b Running Club

Kenzie are you still doing Lochaber tomorrow? If so then I hope it all goes to plan!!

Sorry for delayed reply, been busy recently.

Yeah, 'ran' on Sunday. I had said to myself the whole time whilst training to get a PB here then push for 3:05 at Edinburgh, then in the last week I convinced myself to go all out for 3:05 at Lochaber. Pretty silly move as it turned out, I was at target pace at halfway but crumbled thereafter, a disaster really and sole destroying.

Will pace myself more appropriately for Edinburgh without any over ambitious goals and hopefully grow into the race and gain speed in the later stages.

Good luck for London this Sunday, I hope the rest and painkillers mean you can still put in a good time.

Signed up for the EMF 10k at the weekend.

It'll be my first proper event so I'm quite looking forward to it. Hopefully the first of many though.

Sorry for delayed reply, been busy recently.

Yeah, 'ran' on Sunday. I had said to myself the whole time whilst training to get a PB here then push for 3:05 at Edinburgh, then in the last week I convinced myself to go all out for 3:05 at Lochaber. Pretty silly move as it turned out, I was at target pace at halfway but crumbled thereafter, a disaster really and sole destroying.

Will pace myself more appropriately for Edinburgh without any over ambitious goals and hopefully grow into the race and gain speed in the later stages.

Good luck for London this Sunday, I hope the rest and painkillers mean you can still put in a good time.

Sorry to hear it didn't go as planned.

I'm quite looking forward to London now. I've still got a few niggles but nothing that should hinder me on the day.

New course pb (and equalled overall pb) at Pollok Parkrun this morning. Did it in 18 mins 19 secs. Delighted with that, especially in not great conditions!

Good luck to Ziggy and anyone else running in the London Marathon tomorrow.

Edited by BishyTON

Well that all went a bit wrong. I was aiming for 3'14'59 and I was on that at 20 miles and then the wheels came off big style!

The last 6 miles turned into a painful walk/run/shuffle due to cramp and I limped home in 3'28.

It was still a PB by about 18 minutes but it was all rather painful. Just once I'd like to do a marathon without getting sunburned!!

Time for beer.

As disappointed as you are that's a cracking effort, Ziggy. The beer's hard-earned. Well done to Neefie & G_Man too.

Has anyone on here ran the Edinburgh to North Berwick 20 mile before? It's coming up on 3 May. I've never ran beyond HM distance before so I suspect it's a decent bit out of my reach just now, but interested to hear people's thoughts; there aren't many races between HM and the full marathon about.

Right, I've decided that I will run the London Marathon next year.

Now, I'm already a good, solid runner but training for a marathon will result in increasing my distancea and training workload rather dramatically.

I've never attempted something like this before, so I'm not entirely sure on how to train for it. Could someone perhaps talk me through some sort of plan on how to prepare my body for such a challenge?