P&b Running Club

Out up the hills again last night. 5.3ish km in 29 minutes. Quite a few folk out last night running similar routes to me, but they all seemed to be doing it the other way round and were running up the easy side and down the steep side. Not sure what I should make of that.

Have you tried facing the right way? You may go faster...

I did what will probably be my last long run before London. It was 20 miles with the 1st 9 miles a bit slower than my planned marathon pace and then the last 11 all faster than my planned marathon pace. Overall avg pace ended up being 7'37 with the last few miles being the fastest.

It was exactly the type of confidence building run I needed at this stage. I just need to stay healthy and injury free over the next three weeks and I'll smash my PB and hopefully also get a good for age qualification for London the following year.

The above was my last post on this thread and in the 5 days since then I have ran 0 miles.

I started to get tightness and pain in the inside of my right thigh and it just got worse over the week.

I'm just back from a physio appointment and the bad news is that I was told that the pain is maybe being caused by a degenerative hip which might indicate the early stages of arthritis.

The good news is that the guy worked on the muscle and it's no longer sore. So I'll be doing my long run this weekend.

Pollok Parkrun yesterday. Did it in 18 mins 40 secs - 2 secs outside course pb. Failed to finish my 21.1km this morning as my IT band seized up at 12.2km in. Had to walk to the nearby gym to call for a lift as I was about 8km from home and was just in my running gear. Not fun lol!

Another Parkrun PB for me yesterday, 20:49 - 9 seconds taken off.

Wasn't expecting it really given I had went 4 weeks without a 5k, and was a bit sore from the gym the previous two days - but I knew with a km to go I had a chance of making it especially with the wind at the back on the return.

I have achiliies tedonitis sue to beinga complete w****r and running twice in a day. Now have pain in both heels. Have bought orthics to wear in generla everyday shoes (I overpronate and have running shoes to combat this). Stretching calves, foam rolling and icing. Feeling better everyday but heels sore at times. Hoping going to be fit for Edinburgh half. Gutted would be an understatement as was aiming for sub 1h 30m half.

Been a bit of a nightmare month - managed to give myself a left groin ,quad & Hamstring injury and its been a big old mess. Done a tiny bit of running in the last month but just made things worse.

Had 10 days completely off along with going to a physio and (wait for it....) yoga. A whole lot better after the rest but have lost a lot of fitness. Done Tollcross Parkrun yesterday at moderate pace and was only a wee bit tender this morning.

so so hard not being able to run. Flippin Edinbugh Marathon in only 8 weeks. Yikes. Need to ease myself into longer runs

just entered the Titanic 10k in Belfast on Sunday, it is seen as the official warm up for the marathon on May Day, i'm not doing the marathon now due to work commitments I just haven't been able to get enough mileage up so doing this and then the Ards half marathon on 27th June then maybe the Belfast half in September.

The Titanic 10k is takes in the new Titanic quarter then out along past the airport so it isn't a particularly "townie" run, did the Bangor 10k in 53min so just looking to beat that really.

Been a bit of a nightmare month - managed to give myself a left groin ,quad & Hamstring injury and its been a big old mess. Done a tiny bit of running in the last month but just made things worse.

Had 10 days completely off along with going to a physio and (wait for it....) yoga. A whole lot better after the rest but have lost a lot of fitness. Done Tollcross Parkrun yesterday at moderate pace and was only a wee bit tender this morning.

so so hard not being able to run. Flippin Edinbugh Marathon in only 8 weeks. Yikes. Need to ease myself into longer runs

I go to a yoga for runners class every week. The guy that takes it is a triathlete who occasionally runs Tollcross.

At the start of each class he'll ask people if they have any particular muscles that have been causing problems and then he'll concentrate on working those areas.

I think it's really useful.

Edited by Ziggy

Where is he based and when does he so his class, Ziggy.

I go to a yoga for runners class every week. The guy that takes it is a triathlete who occasionally runs Tollcross.

At the start of each class he'll ask people if they have any particular muscles that have been causing problems and then he'll concentrate on working those areas.

I think it's really useful.

Edited by Garrowhillclyde

Where is he based and when does he so his class, Ziggy.

I think he stays close to Tollcross Park because I know he does a lot of his runs about there. I know he does classes in Pollokshaws, Hamilton and the West End but I don't know if there are any others nearer to you.

I'll try and find his e-mail address for you.

Back into today after a poor 5-6 weeks where I only managed about 4/5 runs including nothing inthe last 4 weeks.

Managed to cover 6k this mornign but it was a slog and slow. I'll ease into with a speed session tomorrow, rest day on Sat and a long"ish" run on Sun.

Before my enforced rest period - I was starting to feel good again and my times were starting to fall so feeling disappointed that it feels like I am starting from stratch again.