P&b Running Club

What I try to do in short races like a 10k or 5k is go out fast and try to hang on! ;)

It's not a bad tactic. I focus on someone ahead of me and imagine that they dished out some abuse when they passed me earlier in the race. I make it my goal to pip them over the line, even though I'm breathing out my arse by the time I finish.

I tried to change music after 5 miles of my run on Saturday. Hit 'end workout' instead of 'change music' but thankfully 2 5 mile runs were recorded. I thought that it only sent the last workout.

Annoyed that when I look at my profile it doesn't show one 10 mile run rather than two 5 mile runs.

My proper running starts tomorrow. I'm looking to get myself into a couple of 10k events over the summer, so that'll give me motivation to keep at it. I've done distances like that in the past but never in an organised event, so that'll be something new for me :)

4 miles in 30 mins pace equates to a 46 min 30 sec 10k. So you should demolish that PB. :)

Managed a 48 mins 10sec 10K at the weekend - the first 4 miles were an absolute doddle but after that was a real struggle - still managed to shave 3 minutes off last weeks time. Rest day today and the 4 miles before work tomorrow

Managed a 11.56 mile run yesterday morning in 1hr 33mins 37 secs, felt not so bad at the end and hamstring appears to be mending with my stretching routine bearing fruition. Ran a new route with some pretty long/steep inclines, windy also so some pretty tough stretches but out on the country roads instead of the night time street lit routes now, a welcome change.

Now thats my longer runs up to double figure mileage i ought to start thinking bout my nutritional intake on the way round, just used jelly babies up till now along with lucozade sport. Going to try Carb Gels to see if i agree with them.

Who is all doing the Alloa Half next month btw? ThuderM?

Managed a 11.56 mile run yesterday morning in 1hr 33mins 37 secs, felt not so bad at the end and hamstring appears to be mending with my stretching routine bearing fruition. Ran a new route with some pretty long/steep inclines, windy also so some pretty tough stretches but out on the country roads instead of the night time street lit routes now, a welcome change.

Now thats my longer runs up to double figure mileage i ought to start thinking bout my nutritional intake on the way round, just used jelly babies up till now along with lucozade sport. Going to try Carb Gels to see if i agree with them.

Who is all doing the Alloa Half next month btw? ThuderM?

What date is it? Still weighing up if I should do that one again or run half the marathon route during the Edinburgh 1/2.

Unsure if doing the Edinburgh 1/2 would be good prep or make the marathon repetative? It's all flat while Alloa has some hills so I'm thinking Alloa might be better training.

What date is it? Still weighing up if I should do that one again or run half the marathon route during the Edinburgh 1/2.

Unsure if doing the Edinburgh 1/2 would be good prep or make the marathon repetative? It's all flat while Alloa has some hills so I'm thinking Alloa might be better training.

Its on Sunday 23 March, was thinking similar about doing the Edinburgh Half myself. If its hilly then thats great, also going to do the Half organised by the road runners in Perth which is a couple of weeks after Alloa, they call it the Heaven and Hell Half marathon so you can imagine its quite undulating. Nice to get some race scenarios in the training plan, also got Dunfermline half which is 2 weeks prior to the Edinburgh half, fits in well with my taper so will try do that also.

Here is the link for Alloa Half Alloa Half Website it contains route map on there.

Its on Sunday 23 March, was thinking similar about doing the Edinburgh Half myself. If its hilly then thats great, also going to do the Half organised by the road runners in Perth which is a couple of weeks after Alloa, they call it the Heaven and Hell Half marathon so you can imagine its quite undulating. Nice to get some race scenarios in the training plan, also got Dunfermline half which is 2 weeks prior to the Edinburgh half, fits in well with my taper so will try do that also.

Here is the link for Alloa Half Alloa Half Website it contains route map on there.

Cheers.

I'll have a look at my schedule and see if it fits - it should do, I think I have 12 miles this Sunday.

Has anyone been tinkering with their exercise regime and suffering for it? Because of 2 social events I brought my Sunday run forward to Saturday and put my Tuesday run back to last night.

As a result I feel sick as a dog today. My head is nipping, my stomach is queasy and I'm aching all over. I'm thinking 4 days between runs is too long. Not feeling that optimistic regarding my 5 miles tonight.

Been running three times now since signing up for the BUPA 10K in Edinburgh. At my current pace I'd complete it in 57 minutes, which is a bit rubbish to be honest as I'm hoping to do it in between 45 and 50 minutes. Going out again today. Hopefully it's not as windy as it's been the past couple of days :(

Edited by Gaz

When is that? Aren't the BUPA races quite pricey?

It's on the 4th May. Yeah it was £26 to enter but I need the motivation to be honest. I wanted one nearby where I know the roads so it was the best one for me I reckon.