P&b Running Club

Great moral dilemma for the Cap. :unsure:

Does he cheer on a Fake Saint - or does he see you as a runner? Is that possible? :)

It comes down to the time taken, I guess... 1.45 is still a runner. 1.50 is getting close to jogging and thus you revert to Saintee-ness.

Go for it, Watty! Push for a PB!

Your team will give you NO further reason for joy and exuberation, this year... :rolleyes:

Anyone do the Edinburgh Half?

I elected to take in a 14 mile run that involved Polmont to Linlithgow and up to Beecraigs Country Park. f**k me it's been a while since I went there. I completely forgot it's all steeply up hill. Once I made it there I thought I may as well carry on up Cockleroy. What a view!

Well worth the sore calves this morning.

Anyone do the Edinburgh Half?

I elected to take in a 14 mile run that involved Polmont to Linlithgow and up to Beecraigs Country Park. f**k me it's been a while since I went there. I completely forgot it's all steeply up hill. Once I made it there I thought I may as well carry on up Cockleroy. What a view!

Well worth the sore calves this morning.

I was meant to be running the Edinburgh half and was really looking forward to it, training had gone really well last week. But on Saturday night I had to take the Mrs. to hospital with some pregnancy related bleeding. Thankfully everything is ok but running isn't a priority at the minute.

I was meant to be running the Edinburgh half and was really looking forward to it, training had gone really well last week. But on Saturday night I had to take the Mrs. to hospital with some pregnancy related bleeding. Thankfully everything is ok but running isn't a priority at the minute.

Been there, not nice.

It inconvenienced some drinking time but I was happy to skip it :rolleyes:

Currently there, take care of the missus and I'm sure her and the baby will be fine :)

Great moral dilemma for the Cap. :unsure:

Does he cheer on a Fake Saint - or does he see you as a runner? Is that possible? :)

It comes down to the time taken, I guess... 1.45 is still a runner. 1.50 is getting close to jogging and thus you revert to Saintee-ness.

Go for it, Watty! Push for a PB!

Your team will give you NO further reason for joy and exuberation, this year... :rolleyes:

;)

Now surely Saintees can't beat the mighty Buddies twice in a week can they!! I suspect not, maybe see you on Sunday Captain, i'll be the one eating your dust.

Thought I'd punish myself on my short 2 miler last night - go for my quickest time.

Managed to run a 6:38 mile which is my best so far but I think I've shagged the back of my thigh. It's painful to even sit down.

It better settle down, I have 6 miles to run tonight and I missed last weeks 7 miles due to a bad neck so I'm not wanting to miss it.

When do the benefits start kicking in? I always have something niggling me.

I've started going to the gym every day again now that I'm back from uni, so I should be getting quite a decent bit of running and general gym work done.

I did 5k in 29 mins last night which was decent given its the first time i've done any sort of real physical excercise in a couple of weeks.

Ran Alloa Half Marathon in 1:24:38 according to my watch. Just made it under my 1:25 target and 3 mins quicker than I ran the Glasgow Half.

Wasn't expecting that hill near the end to be so steep or so long! Its all good!

How did you get on Watty?

Edited by Captain_Sensible

The majority of the time I run is playing 5's or 11's football, but I'm going to start running daily as well, in a bid to get in shape and get much fitter than I currently am.

Can anyone suggest/recommend what sort of distance I should start running as a daily routine, and when to change the distance or time spend running?

Cheers.

:)

Ran Alloa Half Marathon in 1:24:38 according to my watch. Just made it under my 1:25 target and 3 mins quicker than I ran the Glasgow Half.

Wasn't expecting that hill near the end to be so steep or so long! Its all good!

How did you get on Watty?

Enjoyed the run today, weather was alot better than i expected, was a bit taken by surprise with the hill at 11.5 miles too!! Well ran event though.

Time wise, well according to my watch i was 1 hr 43 55 secs, chip time is saying 1 hr 44 02 secs, regardless i'm happy enough as my previous best was 1:50:30. Think tht makes my pace about bang on 8 minute miles which is cool by me.

Well done Captain, great time, you must be gettin confident ahead of Edinburgh with your current performances.

Next outing in a race for me will be the Perth Heaven and Hell Half two weeks today, got to steep inclines, one of 400 feet and one of 700 feet, i dont predict i'll be beating my PB!!

Enjoyed the run today, weather was alot better than i expected, was a bit taken by surprise with the hill at 11.5 miles too!! Well ran event though.

Time wise, well according to my watch i was 1 hr 43 55 secs, chip time is saying 1 hr 44 02 secs, regardless i'm happy enough as my previous best was 1:50:30. Think tht makes my pace about bang on 8 minute miles which is cool by me.

Well done Captain, great time, you must be gettin confident ahead of Edinburgh with your current performances.

Next outing in a race for me will be the Perth Heaven and Hell Half two weeks today, got to steep inclines, one of 400 feet and one of 700 feet, i dont predict i'll be beating my PB!!

I'd been warned about the hill but was kind of hoping that one of the long inclines we'd already gone up had been the 'hill'. I should have known that they meant a REAL hill! I was getting into a good rythm up to that point as well and was really beginning to pick up the pace. It gets you fit though which is the main thing!

Your time is good. That's a big chunk off your PB. I ran the Glasgow Half Marathon in 2006 (just 18 months ago) in over 1:46...... and now I'm running a half marathon in under 1:25. If I can do it so can you. ;)

The key is consistent training, putting in the miles and doing speedwork.... and... if you have an excess weight, getting rid of it. ;)

Edited by Captain_Sensible