P&b Running Club

Just shows what diet and exersice can do in a short space of time.

It's always been thus, Rowan! :)

Our bodies need the energy intake for us to keep going - but if we don't do enough physical work/exercise then all the energy intake/the food, just transforms into fat - stored for the day the body reckons will come when we need to draw it down. But...

In the modern world that disnae happen. We seldom draw it down. We just pile on the excess pounds and don't stint on the attractive grub. :)

(I certainly don't stint on the beer - which is 300 calories a pint, incidentally!)

Exercise is key to losing weight. The diet will always be incidental. No matter how little you eat or bevvy - if you never exercise, the fat will just sit there...

It's always been thus, Rowan! :)

Our bodies need the energy intake for us to keep going - but if we don't do enough physical work/exercise then all the energy intake/the food, just transforms into fat - stored for the day the body reckons will come when we need to draw it down. But...

In the modern world that disnae happen. We seldom draw it down. We just pile on the excess pounds and don't stint on the attractive grub. :)

(I certainly don't stint on the beer - which is 300 calories a pint, incidentally!)

Exercise is key to losing weight. The diet will always be incidental. No matter how little you eat or bevvy - if you never exercise, the fat will just sit there...

True, she says eating ANOTHER packet of crisps, but really it's the baby growing inside me that is demanding it!!

I plan on joining the running club my friend is with after the baby to get fit. Although I have been walking and shortly I'll start swimming for the duration of the pregnancy.

Aye, right!

Blame the wean.

Apparently my Maw (during Rationing) got an obsession for condensed milk whilst carrying me... :rolleyes:

Good luck wi your wean! :)

ETA:

Cheese and Onion Crisps, Walkers*

Calories in 100g of crisps

525.0kcal

Calories in a bag of crisps (35g): 184kcal

I BELIEVE THERE ARE NO CALORIES IN CONDENSED MILK.... ;)

Edited by chingford

Aye, right!

Blame the wean.

Apparently my Maw (during Rationing) got an obsession for condensed milk whilst carrying me... :rolleyes:

Good luck wi your wean! :)

ETA:

Cheese and Onion Crisps, Walkers*

Calories in 100g of crisps

525.0kcal

Calories in a bag of crisps (35g): 184kcal

I BELIEVE THERE ARE NO CALORIES IN CONDENSED MILK.... ;)

It was a bag of Squares 95 calories and 4g of fat!

Ok so it was the last bag of the multi pack of 6 i bought yesterday :ph34r:

I am going to start cranking up the miles soon I think. Runner's World programme has been fantastic!

Whats the Runners World programme?

I started running 4 weeks ago. Was always quite fit, but now 30+, and seem to get injured easier, got a couple of football injuries that hindered training.

Anyway, up to 7k in about 40mins, twice a week now. No weight has shifted though! :-(

Not very quick either, I feel as if I plod round....but I guess speed will come?

It's a training program/schedule suggested by the Runners World magazine.

They have a website - it's probably on there. sign up - no big deal

I started running 4 weeks ago. Was always quite fit, but now 30+, and seem to get injured easier, got a couple of football injuries that hindered training.

Anyway, up to 7k in about 40mins, twice a week now. No weight has shifted though! :-(

Not very quick either, I feel as if I plod round....but I guess speed will come?

I turned to running as I picked up more and more injuries getting old at fitba... :rolleyes:

I was slow (compared with real runners) when I started despite thinking myself fit and healthy.

If you have the right muscles and blood/breathing systems (which is all down to your family background and dna...) then you'll soon find out how fast you are! Naturally. (I'm not a 'natural' runner - I'm a plodder. :( )

Otherwise - aye - training will make you faster and you'll find running more natural and enjoyable too, though you might never be a champion. Just enjoy it!

Guest Scofield

If you're prone to injuries a lot then you might need to look at your warm up/cool downs. If you don't do it just now then try doing dynamic warm ups before exercise and static stretching after.

If you're wanting to increase speed then you need to improve your lactate system. Do this by running at maximum effort for 45 secs with a 90 sec recovery period. Do this 3-4 times before resting for 5 mins. Should be doing 3 sets of this if you really want to improve you're speed although i'd expect you're speed will improve as time goes on and you get fitter from running more.

Paisley 10k route takes you right past St. Mirren's new ground - which should be at quite an advanced stage come the time of the race.

About to head out for a 22 mile run in half an hour. Only 4 weeks until the Edinburgh Marathon. Need a good run today if I'm going to achieve my sub 3 hour target.

Up to over 6 miles in 5 weeks training now. Started to vary my runs, adding speedbwork, and tempo to my long easy runs. These are from a Runner Worlds training programme I've got from their website.

I'm enjoying the running, and I'm feeling the benefit, although weight has remained the same. Would be even better if my Nike+ Sportband worked. Not sure if people are aware but Nike are having issues with their UK release. Mine is suffering from a time sync and a time lag problem. My 6.4 mile run took 32 mins according to my sportband. Just over an hour on my normal watch.....pity....product has great potential. Hopefully they'll release a fix soon. Beware.

I'm starting to push the miles slightly more. Comfortable now doing between 3 and 3 1/2 miles in about half an hour. Going to start increasing my times/distances on these runs, and also add in some shorter but faster runs.

I'm surprised by this. :o

I'd heard it was filled in two weeks ago - almost immediately.

here's the link...

I think they may have put 80,000 ballot places up immediately then initialy closed it. Then they re-opened the remaining places. For what reason I'm not sure?

JUST DONT RUN TO FAST NAKAMURA MIGHT THINK YOUR A DOG AND TRY AND EITHER HUMP YOU OR EAT YOU LOL

Very good. Now, jog on.