The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Wee Baz has signed off in style by knocking the fastest Test century in history off 54 balls. The Kiwis will still lose, but some boy.

KqZRYXQ.jpg

25 dot balls in his 54 ball century plus he could have been out on 39 when Mitchell Marsh took a great catch only for the umpire to ask for a replay which showed James Pattinson had bowled a no-ball.

How many P&Bers play cricket?

I'm a 'keeper batsman in the East of Scotland League.

There's definitely a few about, myself included. I'm an all rounder. Shite at everything. Bizarrely the Orange Walk thread is the place to go for your Scottish Cricket info. Both their seasons dovetail very nicely. I got my best score of last season in Partick while a big walk was going down Dumbarton Road. I'm sure the thread will be resurrected in a month or two.

I played when I was a teenager, but the youth sides only went up to u15 and I was training every week but never got a shot in any of the senior sides, so gave it up. Played in a social sixes tournament last summer, won it, and had a great time. I really wish I could take it up again but I would have to give up refereeing football to do so, and there's no chance I'm doing that as it looks like I might get somewhere with that.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Unsurprising from that lot. Piss poor behaviour though.

He was fined 15% of his match fee for that and Steve Smith fined 30% of his match fee for showing dissent as well. Good to see they are keeping up the Aussie cricket tradition of being greeting faced moaning c***s when things don't go their way. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-25/steve-smith-fined-for-dissent-for-umpire-row-against-new-zealand/7198118

"I don't think we're not nice guys. We play a good, hard, aggressive brand of cricket," Smith said

They trot this pish out every time they act like p***ks.

It's true though. Glen McGrath seems like a thoroughly nice chap now he has retired. He was a nasty, surly, humourless grump as a player. The same could be said of a fair few of that team who have since gone on to become media types.