The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Sri Lanka currently 276-7 in the 3rd test.

England made 416 first innings which included a brilliant 167* for Bairstow.

Cook has gone for a precautionary X-ray on his knee after getting hit on it just before lunch.

Edited by booitsme7

This debate about the no ball is interesting but nobody has mentioned the fact that in theory Hales could have changed his shot when the umpired called it.

I know he didnt but surely once the umpire shouts it is at least a distraction

Gutted for hales.....poor sod looks distraught

His only consolation must be that he's cemented his place as an opener for a wee while at least.

ETA: didn't read previous comments which looks like I plagiarised.

Edited by Bobby Skidmarks

His only consolation must be that he's cemented his place as an opener for a wee while at least.

Yeah he looks to have nailed the opener slot.....Vince and Compton though are more of an issue.

Hales must take positives from the belief that he will continue to be selected at the top of the lineup for the foreseeable future at a minimum.

Good declaration from England setting Sri Lanka 362 to win, just enough of a carrot that they might try and get it. They managed to survive the last 12 overs and were 32-0 at the close.

Disappointing that Hales once again got out in the 90s, and a relatively quickfire 49no from Cook batting at 7.