The Cricket Thread

bewlay

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 17:15, Savage Henry said:

England have an opener, two genuine international spinners and a wicketkeeper who isn't all that terrible with the gloves. If Duckett makes runs at 4, they could be on to a winner.

I'd disagree with you over that and more importantly I reckon Alastair Cook would too, we're approaching 80 overs and of the spinners only Rashid's had a decent bowl - Ali's just been brought on for a pre new ball cameo.

Turning into a mirror image of the First Test when England finished the first day on 311/4. As ever in the subcontinent it'll probably be a runfest until the last two days and we see how much the pitch deteriorates. I find something comforting that apart from the run rate being closer to 3.5 rather than 2.5 this Test probably isn't that different from many of those played 30/40 years ago. :spud5

Edit - Ansari gets a bowl too as Cook's not taken the new ball straight away it's turning into one of those quiet passages you get in Test matches with the batsmen looking to go in, not out (I'm sure there's a joke in there). Ooops, there's the 300 up!

Second Edit - Cook should have had a gully in for the nightwatchman - 7 balls before close of play and obviously looking to protect Kohli from the last over. Missed a chance to go in almost evens, gully in now for Broad but there's no way Ashwin will be looking for a single in the final over.

Edited by btb

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:31, btb said:

I'd disagree with you over that and more importantly I reckon Alastair Cook would too, we're approaching 80 overs and of the spinners only Rashid's had a decent bowl - Ali's just been brought on for a pre new ball cameo.

Turning into a mirror image of the First Test when England finished the first day on 311/4. As ever in the subcontinent it'll probably be a runfest until the last two days and we see how much the pitch deteriorates. I find something comforting that apart from the run rate being closer to 3.5 rather than 2.5 this Test probably isn't that different from many of those played 30/40 years ago. :spud5

Edit - Ansari gets a bowl too as Cook's not taken the new ball straight away it's turning into one of those quiet passages you get in Test matches with the batsmen looking to go in, not out (I'm sure there's a joke in there). Ooops, there's the 300 up!

Second Edit - Cook should have had a gully in for the nightwatchman - 7 balls before close of play and obviously looking to protect Kohli from the last over. Missed a chance to go in almost evens, gully in now for Broad but there's no way Ashwin will be looking for a single in the final over.

Shows how much I know! :bag

Test firmly in India's favour.

England all out for 255, Ashwin with another 5 for. Broad unlucky as he was out lbw and it looked to be sliding down leg side, but England had already used their reviews. One was wasted by Stokes who was also lbw, it looked plumb but I think he thought it nicked the inside edge, it looked as if it might have on thr replay but even if if had it was caught after it came off his pad so he was out either way.

India could have still enforced the follow on but they are going to bat themselves with a lead of 200.