The Cricket Thread

bewlay

10 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Shame rashid can't quite convert from one day to test cricket. Can bat a bit and will take wickets but never quite has enough control n consistency for tests. Always liked him as a cricketer

I think he's more of a test player as he is than Dawson.  

21 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I would have Rashid in over Dawson personally.

I really like Bavuma. He's picking his shots well and this partnership has really helped South Africa. I'd like to see England get another wicket in the last few overs.

I like him too.  Completely unflashy, and not the guy you'd say is the standout player in the team, but an absolute rock.  He's basically James Taylor.  And I don't mean the balding Bostonian folk singer.  

That late wicket definitely makes it England's day.  They're playing well.  Apart from the top order.  Again.  At least we know what the problem is.  Hameed back in form and a legitimate number 3, and that's the second or third best team in the world.

I like him too.  Completely unflashy, and not the guy you'd say is the standout player in the team, but an absolute rock.  He's basically James Taylor.  And I don't mean the balding Bostonian folk singer.  
That late wicket definitely makes it England's day.  They're playing well.  Apart from the top order.  Again.  At least we know what the problem is.  Hameed back in form and a legitimate number 3, and that's the second or third best team in the world.

Taylor was a top boi.....was gutted he had to retire

Another good day for England. Plenty of time left too.

Only two results possible now. England will want to be bowling before tea tomorrow. I'd be tempted to go out and smash 200 runs as quickly as possible and give themselves the best part of five sessions to bowl SA out. Extremely impressive test so far though.

Only two results possible now. England will want to be bowling before tea tomorrow. I'd be tempted to go out and smash 200 runs as quickly as possible and give themselves the best part of five sessions to bowl SA out. Extremely impressive test so far though.

I agree. I was arguing with my dad about it. He said he thinks England should try to bat all day tomorrow and put South Africa in at some point before lunch on Monday. With 9 wickets left I'd be using the first session tomorrow to get quick runs on the board and put South Africa in at tea tomorrow at the latest.

I agree. I was arguing with my dad about it. He said he thinks England should try to bat all day tomorrow and put South Africa in at some point before lunch on Monday. With 9 wickets left I'd be using the first session tomorrow to get quick runs on the board and put South Africa in at tea tomorrow at the latest.

That's the logic. Scuff up the wicket and let the spinners do their stuff. I don't have much faith in Dawson to do that.

The Notts bowler has just been absolutely scudded on the head in the T20. Blood everywhere. He walked off, but there has been a long delay as they decide what to do next.

Samit Patel amongst others absolutely distraught.

ETA:

Edited by Mark Connolly

South Africa time wasting from the start if play today.
Aggers on TMS talking about a conversation with someone who wanted to fine the umpires if the over rate was to slow.