The Cricket Thread

bewlay

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:
7 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:
Looks like Somerset are going to Leeds the title. 

Essex would be on a high after winning the T20 blast on Saturday, but 61-4 is an absolute disaster for Somerset. Bowling point already in the bag for Essex now puts them 13 points clear.

I wouldn't say it's a disaster. As a Somerset follower I've seen them in this sort of position many times the last couple of seasons. The pitch is already turning massively and they have three very good county spinners. 

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

Yeah, think the white ball side will be rotated quite heavily over the two tours.

Can't argue with any of the Test call-ups, would maybe have had Foakes in there ahead of Buttler and I still think Woakes is lucky to get picked for an away series albeit NZ is as close to English conditions as you'll get. The opening Test will be the  first one ever played in Mt Maunganui

I don't know if it's just because cricket seems to work like this but I'd just assumed Zak Crawley was John Crawley's son and was surprised to read nothing about that connection until I googled him and he's no relation.

I wouldn't say it's a disaster. As a Somerset follower I've seen them in this sort of position many times the last couple of seasons. The pitch is already turning massively and they have three very good county spinners. 

Their biggest enemy might be the weather, similar forecast for tomorrow so almost certain more time will be lost.

And the Essex opening pair bat out the rest of the time to secure the title. 

And that also brings an end to the career of Marcus Trescothick. A great player, who would have had a few more years of success for England but for his mental health problems. A great shame.

And the Essex opening pair bat out the rest of the time to secure the title. 
And that also brings an end to the career of Marcus Trescothick. A great player, who would have had a few more years of success for England but for his mental health problems. A great shame.
It was good to see him come on as a sub fielder for the end of the game, I'll even let him off with kneeling to field at slip. [emoji23]

An excellent cricketer, and comes across as being a more than decent bloke too.