The Cricket Thread

bewlay

A typical Pakistani disaster.

They made only 172 in 43 overs. India chased that down easily, posting 176 without loss in 35 overs for a comfortable 10 wicket win. Century for the Indian boy Jaiswal who looks as if he could be the next in the Indian Golden Boy line... made a 50 pretty much every game of the U19 WC and hit a double ton in the Indian domestic 50-over competition.
He looks like a cracker. What has been most impressive from what I've seen of him this tourney is that he looks comfortable against every type of bowler.

Stoinis and Larkin send the stars through to the final of the BBL. Stoinis is a gun at the top of the order, but no way he’s displacing Warner or Finch.
BBL final odds on to be canned. Heavy rain today and tomorrow forecast. 6ers win by default apparently if it is cancelled.

Turns out the elbow injury which had kept Archer out of the last 3 tests in South Africa is a stress fracture. He'll miss the Sri Lanka tour and will hope to be back for the Windies Tests in June.

I’d be amazed if he doesn’t end up getting Tommy John surgery at some point. I know it’s a rare thing in cricket, but I reckon he’s a prime candidate.

Certainly goes a way to explain his inconsistency in speed.

I’d be amazed if he doesn’t end up getting Tommy John surgery at some point. I know it’s a rare thing in cricket, but I reckon he’s a prime candidate.

Certainly goes a way to explain his inconsistency in speed.
You would have to think it is something that has built up over a while.

BBL final odds on to be canned. Heavy rain today and tomorrow forecast. 6ers win by default apparently if it is cancelled.

Looks like the rain has cleared and we’ll get 12 overs each. Bbl final on the iPad and NZ vs IND on the tv, what Saturday mornings are made for.

Looks like the rain has cleared and we’ll get 12 overs each. Bbl final on the iPad and NZ vs IND on the tv, what Saturday mornings are made for.
Absolutely amazed this went ahead. It's been heavy showers all day. Even the derby between Sydney and Western Sydney was postponed. Stars shat the bed though.

Guest Moomintroll

Intriguing ODI so far, QDK seems to be pivotal. If he goes to 3 figures the Saffers will set a decent total, England have next to no tail so 250+ will be needed.

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Intriguing ODI so far, QDK seems to be pivotal. If he goes to 3 figures the Saffers will set a decent total, England have next to no tail so 250+ will be needed.

They got to 257.

England with a brutal start, taking 61 runs from the first 6 overs.

Bairstow has just gone for 43 from 23 balls. 61-1.