The Cricket Thread

bewlay

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

What were the 5 penalty runs against USA for? 

I was through the kitchen when it happened and they never explained or showed any replays. 

They took more than a minute between overs on 3 different occasions. 

8 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Haha yeah I play for DHSFPs. I played for Stenhousemuir when I was junior but gave up when I moved up here for uni. Only started playing again last year after almost 10 years away, athough had a few run outs for Forfarshire 2s/3s during COVID.  If its the Forfarshire v DHSFP 20 over game you're on about then yes I was the one getting tonked about towards the end, although that same batter was dropped off my last ball of my previous over 🤣. I despise the introduction of frogbox as its now recorded forever haha. Hopefully you're on about my match winning 4/10 against freuchie 2s the previous saturday however😉

I’ll likely come up against you next season! We’re set for the division 1 exit, I’ve forgotten what winning a game feels like. 

11 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Haha yeah I play for DHSFPs. I played for Stenhousemuir when I was junior but gave up when I moved up here for uni. Only started playing again last year after almost 10 years away, athough had a few run outs for Forfarshire 2s/3s during COVID.  If its the Forfarshire v DHSFP 20 over game you're on about then yes I was the one getting tonked about towards the end, although that same batter was dropped off my last ball of my previous over 🤣. I despise the introduction of frogbox as its now recorded forever haha. Hopefully you're on about my match winning 4/10 against freuchie 2s the previous saturday however😉

I'm afraid it was the former I saw - obviously due to the stationary camera I didn't see the dropped catch, but I had a fairly good idea someone had dropped it or some rather sloppy fielding had taken place by the reaction of the bowler..... ;) :lol: Didn't think you bowled badly to be honest, just came into the attack against a set batter fancying an early finish... 

What's the crack with the boy Brock Preston btw? Always fairly impressed me with bat and ball for the level he's playing....

11 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

They took more than a minute between overs on 3 different occasions. 

I’ll likely come up against you next season! We’re set for the division 1 exit, I’ve forgotten what winning a game feels like. 

Funnily enough I was having a look at the demerit points for Cricket Scotland yesterday (a certain incident in Fife last Saturday being what made me think of it....) and I'm sure either you or your co-presenter (bring the pod back :angry: :angry:;)) were on there from a few years ago...... if yourself, will you be offering us an explanation? :D 

32 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I'm afraid it was the former I saw - obviously due to the stationary camera I didn't see the dropped catch, but I had a fairly good idea someone had dropped it or some rather sloppy fielding had taken place by the reaction of the bowler..... ;) :lol: Didn't think you bowled badly to be honest, just came into the attack against a set batter fancying an early finish... 

What's the crack with the boy Brock Preston btw? Always fairly impressed me with bat and ball for the level he's playing....

Brock is one of their overseas amateurs. 

27 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Funnily enough I was having a look at the demerit points for Cricket Scotland yesterday (a certain incident in Fife last Saturday being what made me think of it....) and I'm sure either you or your co-presenter (bring the pod back :angry: :angry:;)) were on there from a few years ago...... if yourself, will you be offering us an explanation? :D 

It was not me. Ironically, he’s now the SPCU disciplinary officer 😅.

I’d love to bring the pod back, but neither of us have the time for it at the moment. Maybe next year. 

I know a lot was made about the NRR in the press but considering England still had the two weakest teams in the group to play it’s not a surprise they are going to go above ours. It’s exactly what they should be doing.

3 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

If this weather holds out, the rest of the tournament could be in jeopardy from the deluge of tears from the English media and fans.

ThEiR shOulD Be a reSerVe DAy!!!! 

Spoiler

There probably should be, tbf

27 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

ThEiR shOulD Be a reSerVe DAy!!!! 

Hide contents

There probably should be, tbf

There absolutely should not be a reserve day. Not in the spirit of Cricket* 

Spoiler

I may change my mind if the weather impacts Scotland negatively in the future 

6 minutes ago, btb said:

Hope this one from Cricket Scotland doesn't backfire! 🤞

Jolly gloating weather

What a beautiful day for a game of cricket in St Lucia! ☀️😍🇱🇨

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇦🇺 begins at 0130 BST… ⏰#FollowScotland #t20worldcup pic.twitter.com/hOaLQwFPll

— Cricket Scotland (@CricketScotland) June 15, 2024

Simply delightful.