The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Looking forward to today's final game in St Lucia. Should be a cracker.

There was a lot of comment from the cricket lovers on this thread on the state of pitches on this and other tours.ie too batsman friendly. I found an interesting article on Cric Info.I have posted a link.

http://content.cricinfo.com/magazine/conte...ory/397868.html

Edited by capybara

Congats to England winning the ODI series 3-2.

Disappointed that any momentum West Indies might have taken from the Test Series seems to have slipped away - how much of that is down to the internal strife is open to question.

Edited by btb

I think, had it been the 50 balls KP would ahve got 100, he was on fire and just got unlucky, but England recovered well from 3 quick wickets, glad they won, think they'll sneak the ashes as the Aussies are just as bad if no worse than ERngland at times.

I would still make the Aussies slight favourites for the Ashes, they do have the better players (IMO), but in England's favour they have 2 more Test matches -in English conditions- plus the start of a domestic season to get their best team sorted, although Australians Hughes and Clark are going to get that practice as well.

I wonder if Dyson's been given a "How to interpret Duckworth-Lewis charts" book? Fairly costly error in the first match...

I would still make the Aussies slight favourites for the Ashes

I currently have the Aussies comfortably ahead. Right now i'm saying 3-1 to the Crims although i'll definitely change my opinion many times before the series starts. I just think Mitchell Johnson will rip through them with the favourable seaming conditions in England.

A second win for Scotland today against Oman, but looks like it was a somewhat nervous one against one of the less fancied sides in the WCQ - Oman really took the Scottish bowling apart early on. Great innings from Kyle Coetzer (127) following on from Neil McCallum's efforts against Ireland and Namibia.

Uganda next, which they should win, and a tougher looking one against Canada to follow. I'd feel reasonably confident they could qualify if there were six places instead of four up for grabs, but I'm just a bit concerned that they probably fall into the fifth or sixth place bracket. (Although that would, at least, retain their ODI status.)

Ahh ok, I think I will be playing up here in Aberdeen in the summer, well my mate asked a team they said to come along and bring anyone he knoes who wants to play, I used to play mess around with my deshi neighbours, they were good, now though I aint got a clue how i'll be, do you reckon teams would like it if I tried reverse hits and so on? Kp is an idol of mine.

Guest The Phoenix
Ahh ok, I think I will be playing up here in Aberdeen in the summer, well my mate asked a team they said to come along and bring anyone he knoes who wants to play, I used to play mess around with my deshi neighbours, they were good, now though I aint got a clue how i'll be, do you reckon teams would like it if I tried reverse hits and so on? Kp is an idol of mine.

Don't know if that was meant to be funny but it made me laugh. :lol:

If you can pull off reverse hits, get yourself along to Mannofield.

anyone here actually play cricket?

Yeah just took it up 3 weeks ago. Been going along to net practice at the local leisure centre with the local club team.

I'm not totally awful with the bat but i'd rate my bowling ability so far as: :lol:

Having never played it at ALL before, i can only learn :D

don't know if anyone's been watching, but scotland are having an absolute shocker in south africa at the qualifiers today. 47/5 with a pathetic amount of dot balls considering they're miles behind the required run rate. canada made 252/7. they're going to be lucky to qualify now cos they'll have beat one of kenya and the netherlands and they don't seem to be capable of getting a decent total at all.