The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Good to see Pakistan unearth a couple of quality bowlers again. And it was lovely to see them ruffle the Australians too. It was a good test match actually, I've enjoyed watching both of them so far.

Good to see Pakistan unearth a couple of quality bowlers again. And it was lovely to see them ruffle the Australians too. It was a good test match actually, I've enjoyed watching both of them so far.

I'm looking forward to the England vs Pakistan matches, Pakistan can run through most teams, but their batting is equally vulnerable with elder statesmen like Yousef Khan and Mohammad Yousuf no longer involved.

I'm looking forward to the England vs Pakistan matches, Pakistan can run through most teams, but their batting is equally vulnerable with elder statesmen like Yousef Khan and Mohammad Yousuf no longer involved.

Agreed. Think I'll try and take in at least one day of the test series.

Well what started quite a good day for England has completely swung in the way of the visitors.

Wee bit of cheating from the Pakistani's there...

England's fragile batting exposed again.

Century partnership between Collingwood & Morgan - good fightback.

Edited by btb

England's fragile batting exposed again.

Century partnership between Collingwood & Morgan - good fightback.

I was just going to post this! Basically there's the rest of this series for Bell, Pietersen and Morgan to fight for two spots in the order.

Ben Dirs' text commentary on the BBC today was brilliant- particularly liked this

Talking of cock fighting, I saw some on a recent visit to Thailand. It was only amateur stuff though, and call me a purist, but the headguards and vests rather took the edge off for me.

There will come a point where England are going to have to consider dropping Pietersen, but they'll surely drop anyone else (Strauss excepted) if they have the chance? Cook's probably nearest the door at the moment, Trott could move up and open if Bell comes back.

Magic day with the ball for England so far. Anderson has been very econimical as always and has 3 wickets to his name. His record at Trent Bridge is very impressive. Finn chipping in with a couple of wickets as well.

The ball will continue to swing while the clouds are about so England will look to get Pakistan out asap with the sun hopefully out later on.

11 wickets for 60odd runs today, fascinating stuff.

The Pakistani's still cant work the refer system, great!!

England have played excellently. Really well. I'd imagine they'll take a wicket in the first over and enforce the follow on. Terrific test so far though, excellent entertainment,

They didn't manage to enforce the follow on, England currently 65/2 - essentially 237/2 - just after lunch on what has been a brilliant test match so far. Pakistan might be as bad as the West Indies in the field. Some comedy fielding.

England 262/9 declared. Prior 102 not out. A tricky wee half hour for Pakistan to bat out tonight. An excellent test ahead, though they need 435 to win so will probably bat for the draw.

Pakistan were fairly gash in that test. They have a good bowling line up but it is a young attack and they are going to be asked to do shitloads of bowling this summer. I feel sorry for them a bit. They did have England in a lot of trouble at times but England managed a couple of big innings in tough conditions and thats why they won it. Pakistans fielding and batting were completely shite.

Anderson looked unplayable in those conditions, they were perfect for him and he delivered the goods. It is going to be a tough series for Pakistan and I hope their young players aren't broken by the experience as they have some good talent in there that could go on to do well at test level. England look a fairly solid test side nowadays, but their bowling attack won't do so well in Australian conditions and they are definitely gearing up for the Ashes series now. The batting line up is decent, but the bowling line up isn't going to be the best for those sort of wickets out there.

England played well but I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Clearly Pakistan are capable of playing better as we saw against Aus, but they're a young side being asked to play too many Tests in a short space of time, it's a bit of a nonsense.

Anderson bowled beautifully but we already know he can do it on a swinging pitch at Trent Bridge, we're not going to find out until this winter whether he's got any better at bowling with the Kookaburra on flat Aussie wickets. I'm more excited about Steve Finn but trying not to get my hopes up too much. Batting-wise it's particularly good to see Prior getting some runs, but I'm getting concerned about Pietersen - I'm all for sticking with batsmen through fallow periods but it's been a long time now and I'm just beginning to think about dropping him if it doesn't come together soon.

Hats off to Murali. Wonderful bowler and by all accounts a great guy. Or at least, by all non-Aussie accounts.

England played well but I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Clearly Pakistan are capable of playing better as we saw against Aus, but they're a young side being asked to play too many Tests in a short space of time, it's a bit of a nonsense.

Anderson bowled beautifully but we already know he can do it on a swinging pitch at Trent Bridge, we're not going to find out until this winter whether he's got any better at bowling with the Kookaburra on flat Aussie wickets. I'm more excited about Steve Finn but trying not to get my hopes up too much. Batting-wise it's particularly good to see Prior getting some runs, but I'm getting concerned about Pietersen - I'm all for sticking with batsmen through fallow periods but it's been a long time now and I'm just beginning to think about dropping him if it doesn't come together soon.

Hats off to Murali. Wonderful bowler and by all accounts a great guy. Or at least, by all non-Aussie accounts.

Finn is the type of bowler that could do well out in Australia, should be interesting to see how he does this winter.

Anderson won't enjoy himself quite so much though. And Broad isn't much of a bowler in my opinion.

I wouldn't drop Pietersen and I don't think they will anyway. It would be as big a mistake as when they dropped Gower and told him to go and work on the defensive side of his game :lol: