The Cricket Thread

bewlay

At least they learned from the mistakes of the first test, but it doesn't take away from the fact that if the right team had been picked then this series could have been a whitewash for England. They've been terrific since, a few of the Indian big names have been made to look very ordinary.

This is the best two performances I have seen from England in the sub continent. Absolutely tremendous, and delighted to see Finn in the wickets

He's still falling over and hitting the stumps half the time. You have to wonder how he made it this far in the game with such a glaring technical fault. But he's looking good, certainly.

Absolutely brilliant again by England. Total humiliation for India.

Shame they can't regain the number one spot yet - it's in the post though.

Aussies must be dreading the Ashes series coming up next year. So far behind England in both batting and bowling.

Edited by H_B

Aussies must be dreading the Ashes series coming up next year. So far behind England in both batting and bowling.

Bring on the drongos :)

wrapped up in an hour this morning, bit of a "surely not...." moment as the first 3 wickets went down but comfortable in the end.

Yuvraj Singh, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh dropped for the final test.

The last Saffers series was just a bit too early for a team in transition. Comfortably the best two sides in the world, and not sure I could see them doing this to India in India either.

MS Dhoni has had a horrendous series, terrible with the bat and looking dodgy behind the stumps too. His place in the team must be in doubt never mind his captaincy.

Someone in this thread, or elsewhere rated him higher than Prior.

wrapped up in an hour this morning, bit of a "surely not...." moment as the first 3 wickets went down but comfortable in the end.

Yuvraj Singh, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh dropped for the final test.

Utterly missing the point. It's the big ego guys who refuse to field properly who need dropped. Not going to happen.

Watching a bit of the Big Bash before I go to bed, Perth Scorchers being taken apart by Melbourne Stars and particularly by Malinga who has just finished his 4 overs with 6 wickets for just 7 runs. Shane Warner also took a wicket with a plum LBW decision.

Had entered the 12th man ballot for ashes tickets for the oval but didnt get them.

This morning they went on public sale at 8am to those who had failed in the ballot - had to go to work.

Got to work and logged onto the page, there was a "moving up the queue" bar across the screen and 3 hours later I finally reached the front of the queue and have tickets for Days 1 and 2 at the Oval next August.

YA BLOODY DANCER!!!

Productivity was slowed down this morning by me checking the page every 5 minutes or so.

It's been India's day so far with England currently at 156-5. Compton 1st out scoring 3 with Cook following soon after for 1 after a very poor LBW decision. Trott and KP steadied the ship before Trott went for 44 and Bell then out cheaply for 1. Pietersen's impatience got the better of him and he holed out to a good diving catch by Ojha. The pitch is very slow with little bounce so England will be very disappointed to be in this position.

Heh. Indians fuming at that last wicket. DRS would have helped your there. Ridiculous stance.

As I've said further up the thread, it's time the ICC made it compulsory for DRS and hotspot etc to be used in all Test matches, maybe a few more dodgy decisions would finally change the Indian's minds.

As I've said further up the thread, it's time the ICC made it compulsory for DRS and hotspot etc to be used in all Test matches, maybe a few more dodgy decisions would finally change the Indian's minds.

Yup. No disagreement here.

As I also said further up! Still it's worth repeating as it's an important issue, and funny to see the Indian board being utterly hypocritical.

In other news, as has been stated above also, England continue to play magnificently.