The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Rumours are that Borthwick, Ballance and Rankin will start for England with Bairstow retaining his place. Interesting if true....

As I posted above Monty is struggling so Borthwick isn't a surprise. Who's rumoured to be dropping out for the other two? I'd guess Anderson for Rankin?

As I posted above Monty is struggling so Borthwick isn't a surprise.  Who's rumoured to be dropping out for the other two? I'd guess Anderson for Rankin? 

Bresnan, I'd go for.

And yes Carberry out with Root moving again.

England all over the place, no way that's an 11 to win a test match.

Team still to be confirmed, but Borthwick, Rankin and Ballance have all been handed caps so will start. Borthwick batted at 3 for Durham, will likely be number 8 for England.

Edit: looks like it's Root who has been left out and Carberry stays in. Shame for Root as although he hasn't had a great series he was promoted into a position he shouldn't have been anywhere near in the first place IMO.

Edited by peasy23

Root out and Carberry stays, which doesn't really fit in with bringing in 3 new players and looking to the future!

Australia unchanged, first time ever they will have used just 11 players in a 5 match series.

England win the toss and will have a bowl.