5. *looks at floor*

6. Stokes

7. We'll work this out later

8. Broad

9. *blank*

10. Anderson until his knees fall off

11. ???????

Nicked but it sums it up.

Its one thing saying you dont need him but given the absense of Trott, the form of Prior and the great giant hole up in at 1/2..... do England really have the luxuary of turning away the top scorer from the last series?

No one pays them to like each other. They are paid to play a sport.

Edited that offcourse is assume Cook is still a test level batsman. He has the class but not the form.

Edited by dorlomin

Nicked but it sums it up.

Its one thing saying you dont need him but given the absense of Trott, the form of Prior and the great giant hole up in at 1/2..... do England really have the luxuary of turning away the top scorer from the last series?

No one pays them to like each other. They are paid to play a sport.

Would agree with that, I'm not a big KP fan but there are a lot of other things that need fixed before they kick him into touch.

I wonder if @MattPrior13 will now reveal what he said in England team meeting after Melbourne Test about Flower? #Headmaster #SpiritWrecker

The @ECB_cricket presented @KP24with a silver cap to honour his 100th Test match. They spelled his name on it: 'Pieterson'. #ECBclowns

EVEALED: Kevin Pietersen was not given a SINGLE reason why he was being sacked during @ECB_cricketmeeting today. Not one. #ECBClowns

Just taped my @bbc5live interview re@KP24 - will air around 10.30pm UK time. #KPSacked #ECBClowns

:lol:

@MichaelVaughan: I think the @ECB_cricket have to explain to everyone exactly what @KP24 has done so we can all have clarity and reasoning

A fair comment tbh by Vaughan. Maybe if they were to come out and say why he is supposedly unmanageable people would be able to make their own minds up.

I think Pietersens ego will have taken a bump, he would have preferred to have stayed in the public eye for at least another Ashes. Still, he get f**k off to India and make a mint playing baseball style cricket.

Hopefully England can now bring through some players like Stokes, Buttler and James Taylor.

Graeme Smith has a penchant for getting rid of England captains but Michael Clarke (and Mitchell Johnston) has gone a huge step further seeing off two top Anglo/South African batsmen, the "world's best spinner" (apart from Sajid Akmal) and apparently England's greatest ever coach (thought that was Duncan Fletcher).

What a shambles of a tour but now England have a chance to rebuild and Cook is obviously the man they want to lead the team for the considerable future so I guess that's why KP had to go.

One thing England have to do is to build a team to win every series not just the Ashes and the talk of this team achieving everything is nonsense as they couldn't beat the Winides away, New Zealand away, got hammered by Pakistan and are nowhere near beating South Africa. But, hey, they won the Ashes so they must be a great side.

By the looks of things Ashley Giles is going to be the next coach/director of the team and he's certainly a safe pair of hands although, like the captain, lacking charisma. I would imagine a lot of younger players will come in with Cook, Bell and Broad being the "brains trust" and Anderson will probably be given a chance in the summer to find a bit of form. They have a lot to do though as they have to find a few batsmen, decide on who is going to keep wicket and find a decent spinner. Pace bowling wont be a problem if they get the selections right and Stokes should be a top all rounder for many years to come.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/715681.html

Interesting. Cricinfo seem to think he was the model professional helping the bowlers and younger players with their batting and its all down to Cook and him not getting on.

When I was picking my tickets up in Adelaide the day before the test I took a wander down to the nets and it was KP who appeared to be doing the batting coaching whilst Monty, Swann and Broad were doing the batting.

Cook was nowhere to be seen and Gooch was bowling to someone else at the opposite end of the netting area.

KP should be removed from the team as he plays for himself rather than for the team but he does/did help out the other players in the nets and he's always been the guy in the England team over the past 5 years or so who signs the most autographs during the game.

Must be tons of kids across the world who have had things signed by him, so he aint all bad.

Edited by drs

Shows you what sort of character this England side have if they can't handle the ego of their best player. Something seriously wrong if you can't choose your best player because of something out with cricketing reasons.

I think Cook and Flower must shoulder some of the responsibility too as it appears that they haven't managed KP's ego particularly well. I think in the long run, England can't have KP's disruptiveness around the dressing room while they essentially try and rebuild. They have also lost Swann and Trott and along with KP that is a lot of experience to lose.

I was reading that KP has now fallen out with Natal, Hampshire, Nottinghamshire, Peter Moores, Andrew Strauss, Andy Flower and Alistair Cook. He may be talented but it's a team game and it can't all be about him. Maybe for once he should step back and take a long hard look in the mirror and see that maybe he is to blame for a lot of the problems.

Radio 5Live kept quoting that trumpet Piers Morgan last night - what does it matter what he thinks? He's just a judge on some crappy tv talent show. You might as well get Sandra Osbourne to chuck in her two pennorth about KP as well :1eye:ass