The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England name an unchanged squad for Lords. Re-watched some of the highlights and it's really noticeable how well England played during the first test. I switched to TMS during the interval of the final ODI against New Zealand and Flintoff was being interviewed. He predicted an England win and when asked why he said that looking at the potential teams man for man he thought England came out better. Thinking of Smith, Harris and Johnson I wasn't sure, but watching Root, Broad and Anderson okay fantasticly, whilst Johnson didn't do a great deal, Smith had moments but never quite achieved what was probably expected of him and Harris unfortunately injured it does look like England potentially have the better players.

For Australia I would expect them to drop Watson, and Starc may be an enforced loss for Thursday but I'm intrigued to see how they line up.

Marsh in for Watsonlbw and Siddle for Starc imo.

If Starc does manage to play on Thursday there could be three Aussies called 'Mitchell'.

I'm not sure if I can think of anyone with the forename 'Mitchell' who doesn't play cricket for Australia.

Having lost their last 2 to Afghan and Netherlands at the weekend, Scotland need another 24 with 7 wickets in hand to beat Kenya and put ourselves back in with a decent shout of qualifying for the playoffs- last 2 games are against Canada and Oman.