The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England shaded a couple of the sessions today, I thought.

Yup. At 270 odd for four, you've got to say they've had the best of the day. Let's wait till the Aussies have had a bat before judging the wicket, though.

Was moving furniture in the office today and every time I though I was safe enough to spend five minutes away from TMS, I heard the massive roars from the other room.

Might not be quite as funny as this , but equally shocking performance from the Aus batting.

Clarke has the look of someone who knows he is almost done, not dissimilar to Atherton in 2001.

In 2005? They didn't get horsed as badly as they have here, that series could have easily swung the other way. Ponting also scored a decent amount of runs, Clarke's form is so bad he would struggle to get picked if he wasn't captain. To be fair to him, he had to rush to prove his fitness prior to the world cup and he might be suffering from that now.

Ponting batted almost all day at Old Trafford on the final day to help the Aussies get a draw.

Clarke is struggling to bat through a whole over just now.

Already can't see the Aussies making England bat again. England throwing wickets away though by the looks of it.

Not really. Some fabulous bowling by Starc, and a wonder catch by Smith.

England playing pretty sensibly and smashing the bad balls all over the place. 390/9 is well above par.

Edited by Savage Henry

Well, it's all down to how much heart the Aussies have.

Cook will have plenty catching positions in play and the batsman just have to play sensibly and over by over, ball by ball.

Get the shine off the ball, hope for the cloud cover to break up. See out Broad's spell and just hit the bad balls that will inevitably come when change bowlers come in, particularly Ali. Key is not to go too hard at him and just milk the 4 balls

The old, bat for your average scenario here.