The Cricket Thread

bewlay

1 minute ago, Sir Tarmo said:

He has not

Well clearly the sensible thing to do in order to get him fit then, is plunge him straight into a 5 day long game on a rock-hard pitch where bowlers are routinely bowled into the ground 👍

I can't see any potential problems here, and he should be in peak physical shape and fresh as a daisy by the time the 3rd Test rolls around.

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well clearly the sensible thing to do in order to get him fit then, is plunge him straight into a 5 day long game on a rock-hard pitch where bowlers are routinely bowled into the ground 👍

I can't see any potential problems here, and he should be in peak physical shape and fresh as a daisy by the time the 3rd Test rolls around.

Yes.  Considering how badly England underperformed in the last test, changes to the balance of the side were needed to reinforce the batting.  

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I’m not sure why he was playing in the Hundred anyway. If England are to be successful in 2025 (India at home, Ashes away) then they’re gonna need him fully fit, batting, bowling, balancing and captaining the side. I’d be shocked in the ECB allowed him to play in it next summer.

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

He initially hoped to make the first Test, but only as a batter.   I could see that being the plan for him here, but I think temptation will get  the better of him and he'll rotate in, which might be ok, but if he comes in and grabs a wicket that they were struggling with he'll be in very dangerous territory and it will take a bit of strength from those around him to get him telt and go stand on the boundary for a bit.

Edited by parsforlife