The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Kallis really is a great cricketer. Test batting average of over 55 and very close to 200 catches as well.

India leading by 420 with 8 wickets down. Big ask for SA in the last innings....

There's a good argument for him being the GOAT, statistically.

Fantastic match, as you say. Kohli looks like the next Indian superstar.

Kallis really is a great cricketer. Test batting average of over 55 and very close to 200 catches as well.

In his youth he was a regular in the world top ten bowling stats as well. Even among South African all rounders he was head and shoulders above.

While Swann may well have retired after the series, this will be seen by some as the man leaving the sinking ship. Would it not have been better to see the series out?

I agree, I don't think much of it myself.

Suspect he was told he wasn't going to play and had instead decided to "jump" instead of being pushed.

Swann probably wants to get home to his family, rather than hang around a series which is already fucked for England, when he's going to retire anyway. Perfectly understandable thinking IMO. Panesar has the worst wicket-taking celebration ever, I'm quite looking forward to seeing him brutalised all over the park in the remaining tests.