The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England collapses are far from unknown of course. But fair play to them if they manage to see it out for a draw.

I don't think the UAE should be allowed to host tests until they've managed to produce a track that offers at least something. There's not even anything for the spinners out there.

I don't think the UAE should be allowed to host tests until they've managed to produce a track that offers at least something. There's not even anything for the spinners out there

Looked up on ESPN Cricinfo and seems this is the 10th series Pakistan has played in the UAE. Before this series they had won 4, drawn 4 and only lost one, to Australia in 2002/03.

Looked up on ESPN Cricinfo and seems this is the 10th series Pakistan has played in the UAE. Before this series they had won 4, drawn 4 and only lost one, to Australia in 2002/03.

23 hundreds and a couple of double hundreds at this ground according to TMS.

Boycott says there wouldn't be any triple hundreds as they would take to long.

Yep. Nothing in the pitch at all. Nightmare debut for Rashid with the worst figures ever for a first test, 0-163.

His performance is being put into some perspective now.

Geoffreys mum could bat on that with a stick of rhubarb.

Atherton makes a good point. If the point of this series is to encourage the growth of the sport in the UAE (otherwise, why else hold it in Dubai?) who the hell is going to be enticed by this kind of cricket?

Unless you love test match cricket, in which case you'll watch anything, this is dull as ditchwater.

Edited by Savage Henry

This is utter shite. The pace of the pitch is dreadful and starting 523 behind, England aren't going to give any fucks about taking risks to move the score on. Just abandon it and if the rest will be like this then they'd be as well coming home. Pish.

This is utter shite. The pace of the pitch is dreadful and starting 523 behind, England aren't going to give any fucks about taking risks to move the score on. Just abandon it and if the rest will be

this then they'd be as well coming home. Pish.

I'm enjoying it in the same way as I enjoyed Chris Martin taking the piss repeatedly out of a Gibraltar defender the other night, but yeah, I absolutely see where you are coming from.

This test is going to end with either Ian Bell or Jos Buttler getting a test wicket.

Edited by Savage Henry