The Cricket Thread

bewlay

South Australian Scorpions beat the NSW Breakers by 54 runs in the Women's National Cricket League Grand Final. Special things about this, they won away from home, it stopped NSW winning 11 titles in a row and and Englishwoman, Sarah Taylor hit 110 of SA 7/264.

Really enjoyed the highlights of that day/night test.

Am I correct in assuming 3 days of 4 sessions equates a similar number of overs/hours as 5 days of 3 sessions

Not that you would notice it on this particular test but I think the long days in the field may well tire out the bowlers, especially the quicks meaning more matches petering out to a run filled stale draw. I might be wrong though, are there any plans to introduce this format to England and/or the Carribean and Sub-Continent?

Not sure what you're getting at here, it's exactly the same playing time, it just starts and finishes later. First ball was at 2.30pm local time.

Think the biggest problem was how much the pink ball swung around under lights and whether it becomes too much of an advantage to be in the field at night.

edit: though it does help if you have someone like Boult who is probably the 2nd best exponent of exploiting helpful swing conditions behind Anderson playing today.

Edited by Fuctifano