The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England were well beaten and could make changes for the next one. Broad might have to sit it out and I'd guess Woakes will come in. It might be similar with Ansari and Ball or Batty could be picked depending on the situation. Then there's Duckett. The management usually give a batsman more time but might feel they have to drop/protect him. Buttler looks about the only realistic option they have left but he's not a straightforward replacement.

You would think under normal circumstances that Duckett would get dropped, but the only available replacements are Ballance or Buttler and both look to be struggling as badly as Duckett, and if you bring Buttler in that probably means shunting everyone in the middle order up one, as well as having to make a decision who wears the gloves. The other option would be to bring someone else into the squad.

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 15:47, peasy23 said:

You would think under normal circumstances that Duckett would get dropped, but the only available replacements are Ballance or Buttler and both look to be struggling as badly as Duckett, and if you bring Buttler in that probably means shunting everyone in the middle order up one, as well as having to make a decision who wears the gloves. The other option would be to bring someone else into the squad.

Another option I've seen mentioned would be to let Buttler open with a license to attack, if it doesn't work then you've got Hameed coming in at No.3 - not a great option, but possibly the least bad one. 

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Woakes in for the injured Broad. Buttler replaces Duckett.

Ali batting at 4, which seems two places too high to me.  From having the deepest batting lineup I think I've ever seen, England have overhauled it and now have a pretty substantial tail, with Woakes batting at 8.

Spoke too soon, Stokes got fed up just tip tapping the ball round and came down the wicket to try and leather one into the crowd. Missed it completely and was stumped, he was out by yards. Don't know who said it but one if you Indians must have made a comment to him that Stokes certainly didn't like and the umpires didn't like either.

Bairstow proving himself to be invaluable again. Sad to see the top order skittled so easily again though. England are becoming too heavily reliant on Stokes and Bairstow bailing them out.

The stats they were showing earlier were stunning, 6th wicket partnerships have been England's most productive this year by a country mile.